Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Dolphins Looking To Trade Up?

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678

    Dolphins Looking To Trade Up?

    http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...draft/13312003

    I'd gladly take those two second round picks off their hands for 1.17!
    @_Hellgrammite

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,970
    Depending on where the QBs begin to fall. We could have a team looking to jump others to nab Smith, Barkley, Glennon, or Nassib. I'd say that would be our most likely type of trading partner. Teams at the front of the second round will look to trade up and grab one.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...draft/13312003

    I'd gladly take those two second round picks off their hands for 1.17!
    Totally agree.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Depending on where the QBs begin to fall. We could have a team looking to jump others to nab Smith, Barkley, Glennon, or Nassib. I'd say that would be our most likely type of trading partner. Teams at the front of the second round will look to trade up and grab one.
    btw love your jj Wilcox pick. I got to see Georgia Soutern ball in person this season. Wilcox is a true player. With that said, he is also a party boy...needs to grow up a bit.

  5. #5
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...draft/13312003

    I'd gladly take those two second round picks off their hands for 1.17!
    According to the draft value chart, we could get the 2 2nds plus their 4th and we'd still be on the short end. If this were areal discussion with Miami, I'd look for the 2 2nds and push for their 2014 3rd round pick.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    According to the draft value chart, we could get the 2 2nds plus their 4th and we'd still be on the short end. If this were areal discussion with Miami, I'd look for the 2 2nds and push for their 2014 3rd round pick.
    Yeah, I looked at that a month or so ago, and the value would suggest we would get more than just their 2 second rounders....It may of even been their two seconds and a third was near equal value, but I just couldn't see any scenario they would give us two seconds and a third for pick 17.
    @_Hellgrammite

  7. #7
    Backup
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    121
    Yeah, that's why I was suggesting their 2014 3rd rounder. They would get to retain a value pick for this year. Also, my impression is that the team wanting to move up is aggressively targeting someone and will be the one to typically overpay. We don't need to move. I think the steelers attitude is: we're listening, but you've got to make this attractive because we're okay where we sit.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Yeah, that's why I was suggesting their 2014 3rd rounder. They would get to retain a value pick for this year. Also, my impression is that the team wanting to move up is aggressively targeting someone and will be the one to typically overpay. We don't need to move. I think the steelers attitude is: we're listening, but you've got to make this attractive because we're okay where we sit.
    Could be a smart move, especially since we will get some comp picks next year.
    @_Hellgrammite

  9. #9
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Yeah, I looked at that a month or so ago, and the value would suggest we would get more than just their 2 second rounders....It may of even been their two seconds and a third was near equal value, but I just couldn't see any scenario they would give us two seconds and a third for pick 17.
    I'd start the negotiating trying to get 2 second round picks and a third or fourth, but in reality be ecstatic with the 2 seconds and take that deal if they balked at the 3rd or 4th. Or, try and get a 5th or 6th if they don't want to give up the 3rd and 4th. Two extra second round picks this year could be just what the doctor ordered if as we've been told the draft is robust from 1.15 through the end of the second round. At the end of the day the extra second round picks could be worth giving up a little in the deal.

    Since Miami has Tannehill right now and Smith and Barkley probably aren't rated any better than Tannehill, if there's a run on quarterbacks early, then Miami may be even more inclined to move up and get a player they really like. I guess it could work the other way as well, the quarterbacks stay on the board and premium players are falling and Miami may want to move up to take one, because they don't like either quarterback well enough to draft him.

    Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 04-04-2013 at 01:04 PM.


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  10. #10
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,365
    I think the more likely scenario would be Miami using their extra 2nd or extra 3rd in an effort to move up into the top 10 to get a true left tackle since they lost Jake Long and their 2012 2nd round OT Jonathan Martin may be better suited if he remained at RT instead of trying to move over to LT. There are numerous prime LT prospects available in Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher, and Lane Johnson, but there are other tackle-needy teams ahead of them like K.C., Philly, Detroit, Arizona, and San Diego, so there is an infinessimally small chance that Miami gets one of the top LT prospects by staying put. Cleveland has no 2nd round pick since they used it in the supplemental draft to take Gordon last year. Maybe the Browns would be willing to move down from 6 to 12, gaining the 2nd round pick that the Dolphins got from Indy in the Vontae Davis trade, which would move Miami ahead of Arizona (who is in dire need of OL help).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •