Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dolphins Looking To Trade Up?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think the more likely scenario would be Miami using their extra 2nd or extra 3rd in an effort to move up into the top 10 to get a true left tackle since they lost Jake Long and their 2012 2nd round OT Jonathan Martin may be better suited if he remained at RT instead of trying to move over to LT. There are numerous prime LT prospects available in Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher, and Lane Johnson, but there are other tackle-needy teams ahead of them like K.C., Philly, Detroit, Arizona, and San Diego, so there is an infinessimally small chance that Miami gets one of the top LT prospects by staying put. Cleveland has no 2nd round pick since they used it in the supplemental draft to take Gordon last year. Maybe the Browns would be willing to move down from 6 to 12, gaining the 2nd round pick that the Dolphins got from Indy in the Vontae Davis trade, which would move Miami ahead of Arizona (who is in dire need of OL help).
    Plausible and well thought out - that makes a lot of sense.

I may be in the minority, but I would rather not see the Steelers trade back. Picking within the top 20, they have a much better chance of getting an impact player than they do in the second round. I would prefer to come away with an impact guy. If you could pull a Casey Hampton type draft day trade - move down 3 spots, grab the guy you want, and add an extra pick, that makes sense, but the Steelers need more top level talent than what they have now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All I am sure of is I would gladly give up that meaningless Cleveland win to be picking 6 spots higher.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder if Minnesota would be looking to trade up from their second 1st rd pick at 25. If they gave us the 25th pick, their 3rd rd pick (83rd) and their 2nd 4th round pick (120th) the points would add up. They could be looking for a WR and Pass rusher. Might be an option to get better value at what we may target.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I wonder if Minnesota would be looking to trade up from their second 1st rd pick at 25. If they gave us the 25th pick, their 3rd rd pick (83rd) and their 2nd 4th round pick (120th) the points would add up. They could be looking for a WR and Pass rusher. Might be an option to get better value at what we may target.

that would also be a nice maneuver for us if we could make that work. good call thor.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    While I am not on the odd Eifert-at-17 bandwagon, if we made a move like this, then I could see picking someone like Eifert with a later 1st round pick at 25, with extra 3rd and 4th round picks in our pocket.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Minny might trade up if Cordarelle Patterson is still on the board. For the B&G an extra 3 could be a value pass rusher (Lemonier, Williams, Simon, Moore) and the 4 could bring real value at safety or running back.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This would probably be the only trade down situation I'd do. If we can get two second round picks from Miami...the 3rd or 4th would be a bonus
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa