View Poll Results: If Brady had been suspended in 2015, would the Steelers have won the Super Bowl?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 28.57%
  • No

5 71.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YouTube trailer for "The Greatest Football Team Of All Time: 2015 Pittsburgh Steelers

YouTube trailer for "The Greatest Football Team Of All Time: 2015 Pittsburgh Steelers

Check out the trailer for the new sport fiction book "The Greatest Football Team Of All Time: 2015 Pittsburgh Steelers - Super Bowl 50 Champions".

"On September 3rd 2015, Judge Richard M. Berman upheld the four-game suspension of the New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for the football tampering scandal commonly known as Deflategate. The impact of this decision was felt the following week, when Ben Roethlisberger's touchdown pass to Antonio Brown late in the fourth quarter sealed a rare win for the Pittsburgh Steelers at Foxboro…"

This is an original SportFiction™ parody about an extraordinary football team and a season that was never meant to happen.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we're living in a fantasy world then how about writing a fictional novel about how the Steelers passed on Tee Martin and instead drafted Tom Brady way back in 2000? Then you can exaggerate how Brady led the Steelers to 10 Super Bowl victories. Would be equally entertaining I'm sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Fun topic. No, I don't think a Brady supsension would have led to an undefeated season for the Steelers. I think the Steelers would have still been inconsistent. I think the Donks, with the D they had last season, would've still risen to the top of the heap. But it's fun to create alternate scenarios and imagine what might have been.

Legend

User Info Menu

And I thought I wasted a lot of time discussing what actually happened in football games.

What if we encountered a parallel universe and Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers had to play a game against Bizarro Steelers lead by a QB named Neb Regrebsilhteor? That would make a great comic book for football nerds. Someone call Stan Lee.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

While I applaud your enthusiasm I really don't agree with what you are doing here. Creating false realities is actually quite dangerous. What you are doing is quite similar to all the "fake news" that has become a huge problem. Someone (probably a kid) is going to watch your video and confuse fact with fiction. He's going to go and spout off at a fan from another team about how the 2015 Steelers were the" greatest team ever" and then that kid will be immediately put in their place. Furthermore, I think the existence of this video reflects poorly on Steeler fans in general. We don't have to make up history to know we have the greatest team. Our greatness is written in true history.

Thank you for your feedback, MicroBioSteel!
    My personal issue with FakeNews is that they are harmful, but I don't believe that our sport fiction books are. The premise of our project was- what if Tom Brady had been suspended in 2015? Everything else in the alternate reality was created by our simulation engine, which has no emotions.

Legend

User Info Menu

We wouldn't have won. We couldn't even beat the Rats once.

Legend

User Info Menu

It sounds like some scam to get grandmothers who know nothing about football to buy this book for the Steeler fans in their family.

Imagine opening this book on Christmas, and thinking, "What the hell?"

Essentially, the literary equivalent of the "Super Bowl Champion" shirts that they print in advance for what turns out to the losing team, but at least they get donated to third world countries.

If you want to sell sports fantasy, then market to Browns' fans...they could use some. We got the real thing here already.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It sounds like some scam to get grandmothers who know nothing about football to buy this book for the Steeler fans in their family.

Imagine opening this book on Christmas, and thinking, "What the hell?"

Essentially, the literary equivalent of the "Super Bowl Champion" shirts that they print in advance for what turns out to the losing team, but at least they get donated to third world countries.

If you want to sell sports fantasy, then market to Browns' fans...they could use some. We got the real thing here already.

"The 2016 Cleveland Browns ... the Greatest Team in NFL History!" Now THERE'S an alternate universe!

Starter

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=The Man of Steel;679764]If we're living in a fantasy world then how about writing a fictional novel about how the Steelers passed on Tee Martin and instead drafted Tom Brady way back in 2000? Then you can exaggerate how Brady led the Steelers to 10 Super Bowl victories. Would be equally entertaining I'm sure.[/QUOTE

Brady
    Would be out of football by now if he had to play behind some of the crappy OLin es that Ben endured. Bruce Arians would have ended Brady career by asking him to hold the ball too long. without Belicheat spying on opposing defenses or gronk and Moss to throw to Brady never wins those trophies