Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Do not be fooled! Jarvis Jones is elite.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    If Worilds has a double sack output...He isn't going anywhere.
    Worlids may not go anywhere but if Steelers drafted an OLB in Rd 1 he becomes a luxury pick because he will be backing Worlids and Woodley.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Worlids may not go anywhere but if Steelers drafted an OLB in Rd 1 he becomes a luxury pick because he will be backing Worlids and Woodley.

I understand what your line of thinking is but a 1st rounder as a back up who may or may not get on the field? Couldn't you utilize that first round pick in a better way and draft someone in rounds 2-4 to back them up? The Steelers plan right now is two 2nd rounders on the outside. If Worilds "Booms" like the FO drafted him to when Harrison left...You need depth behind them. You could get quality immediate depth-starter-star in rounds 2-4 if you don't have urgency to get him on the field.

I would be all for drafting Jones or any of the other 1st round OLB prospects "somewhere" in the 1st if Worilds wasn't on this roster. I personally think OLB will only be the pick in the 1st if their "guy" isn't there and they can't get out. If an OLB is their BPA...Then they will make the pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This may be interesting or not, but I recall last year--Melvin Ingram was purported to be an on-field terror and dominator in the SEC, who also clocked a sub-par 40. He ended up being taken 18 overall. Anyway, I went to look up how he did this year (granted, it's only one year): 16 games played, 2 starts, 41 tackles, 1 sack.

Legend

User Info Menu

A fun look back.... some posters were really fooled by JJ.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    A fun look back.... some posters were really fooled by JJ.
    Why exactly is it fun celebrating a Steeler draft pick not living up to expectations? Just wondering...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Why exactly is it fun celebrating a Steeler draft pick not living up to expectations? Just wondering...
    OK. ... a sad look back.....

For many years the Steelers drafted tweeners DE/LB for the OLB position. They decided to change that up and selected a pure OLB who was a 'no brainer' for the spot, and now are once again looking for that stud OLB 4 yrs later. Go back to what worked...

(btw... notice how many views of this post??... wow)
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 11-21-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow ... JPN already had Jarvis pegged before the 2013 draft. Too bad the Steelers weren't consulting him back then.

Legend

User Info Menu

Whatever happened to Dee Dub? Damn, he was wrong... A LOT.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Whatever happened to Dee Dub? Damn, he was wrong... A LOT.
    was thinking the same... where is our boy, SFL? Trust me, he knows his football - just wasn't necessarily a good scout.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    was thinking the same... where is our boy, SFL? Trust me, he knows his football - just wasn't necessarily a good scout.
    oh, I know.. he just went overboard with a few players. His last few predictions were comical. AJ McCarron would be a star. The other kid from USC was going to be a star at QB.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"