Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Do not be fooled! Jarvis Jones is elite.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Why exactly is it fun celebrating a Steeler draft pick not living up to expectations? Just wondering...
    i dont think he was celebrating, just making fun at the fans that claim he was going to be a probowl, stud, hof and of course, steal of the draft...
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i dont think he was celebrating, just making fun at the fans that claim he was going to be a probowl, stud, hof and of course, steal of the draft...
    Yes, that's so much fun.

Hahahaha...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yes, that's so much fun.

Hahahaha...
    Fans who actually root for the players on their favorite team to succeed are the worst.

Let's make fun of them at any opportunity.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Fans who actually root for the players on their favorite team to succeed are the worst.

but its okay to trash the fans that arent happy with the selection and call them non fans, tell them they dont know anything, etc etc.
    you can try to spin it in your favor but you cant have it both ways.

Legend

User Info Menu

You're reading waaay too much into my post.

It had little to do with Jones success or failure but as squidkid says, it was the opinions people had on Jones before he even played a down in the NFL ran the gammit.

At a time when the Steelers were desperate for a success at OLB, they simply missed. Only they know enough of Jones to try to figure out why it didn't work out. Hopefully some serious internal self-evaluation will point to a smoking gun.

First round picks need to be as can't miss as humanly possible. For the most part in the last decade the Steelers have been remarkably successful while teams like the Browns have been just as remarkably unsuccessful.

Legend

User Info Menu

but its okay to trash the fans that arent happy with the selection and call them non fans, tell them they dont know anything, etc etc.
    you can try to spin it in your favor but you cant have it both ways.
    speaking of having it both ways....

you used to have draft mocks in your sig while bashing folks for liking our draft picks...

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You're reading waaay too much into my post.

It had little to do with Jones success or failure but as squidkid says,

stop.. stop right there

Legend

User Info Menu

Well JPN nailed it. Sounds like the Steelers need to hire him as a scout.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

You do realize that all of these posts were made a few weeks before the draft happened, right? No one was playing a mindless sheep and proclaiming him the "steal of the draft" just because the Steelers picked him, because at this point, the Steelers hadn't picked him yet.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

You do realize that all of these posts were made a few weeks before the draft happened, right? No one was playing a mindless sheep and proclaiming him the "steal of the draft" just because the Steelers picked him, because at this point, the Steelers hadn't picked him yet.
    so your telling me nobody mage these types of comments after we drafted him?...... and every other player ever drafted, for that matter