Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ziggy Ansah

Legend

User Info Menu

Ziggy Ansah

Question- if Ansah is drafted by a 3-4 team, at 271lbs, and a liability in pass coverage- do you get him to bulk up 10lbs & play him at DE?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Question- if Ansah is drafted by a 3-4 team, at 271lbs, and a liability in pass coverage- do you get him to bulk up 10lbs & play him at DE?
    I wouldn't want to take his explosiveness. I'd keep him at 271, run a bit of a hybrid system and move him from side to side.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No. Get him down to 260-265 and watch what he does of the edge against one on one match ups. To this point, he hasn't had that luxury all that often. When that light goes on for him he will be dominating.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ansah could easily be a decent drop back pass defender with some work. His movement skills are fantastic (even at 270). He's be better than Woodley for certain.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not going to disagree that he could drop weight & play OLB, but the thing is, watching him play, his initial punch & strength at the line are incredible.

Chadman's just thinking, if his strength is dominating his match-up at the LOS, and he's just about where Keisel was coming out of college... why not just leave him at DE & let him rush QB's all day without having to worry about pass coverage?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Switch to 4-3 to get him on the field from Day 1 and problem solved. Don't waste two years "converting" him to 3-4 DE or OLB
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Ansah could easily be a decent drop back pass defender with some work. His movement skills are fantastic (even at 270). He's be better than Woodley for certain.
    Agreed. If Woodley can be expected to drop back (as big as he is) then Ansah could too.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

I see him playing DE.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I see him playing DE.
    In a 4-3. He would be wasted in a LeBeau style 3-4 as a DE.

He would have to be in a one-gap 3-4 so his explosiveness and speed isn't wasted occupying blockers loike we waste our DL.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 04-04-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

WTH is going on with parents naming their kids Ziggy?