Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Steelers sign SLY

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    With our cap situation, that half-mil difference is plenty significant.
    Speaking of cap situation, what exactly is the Steelers' cap situation at this point? Should they even bother with the draft? Can they sign the rooks they draft?

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    I've seen Spence's injury compared to the one suffered by Robert Edwards, the Pats RB who blew out his knee years ago in the sand football game at the Pro Bowl. I'll be absolutely shocked if he ever plays a down in the NFL, and I think the Steelers are quietly acknowledging that truth.
    The Robert Edwards injury happened 15 years ago. Advances in surgical procedures and rehab techniques have improved greatly in the last decade-and-a-half. I don't think the Steelers are counting on Spence, but I don't think they are counting him out either. But in the mean time, it's smart to bring back another depth player that is familiar with the scheme for little $ (although Sly's primary value to this team should once again be on special teams).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sly??? How bout if he registers a tackle this year we will call him that? Till then he is Stevenson

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Sly??? How bout if he registers a tackle this year we will call him that? Till then he is Stevenson
    We can't do that, because that'd involve effort typing, and it'd be too clear. It's better just to be lazy and call everybody "Sly," "Deebo," "Snack," "Potsie," "Beard," "Pounce," "Tone," "AB," etc., as if everybody knows who we're talking about.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.