Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavon Austin scares me

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    I would say that if he is developed like Aaron Rogers. Behind a vet for a couple years he will excel. If he is thrown into the fire like RGIII or Luck last year I think he will struggle.
    No one does that anymore...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Does it "scare" anyone that 7 out of his 12 receiving touchdowns came against the likes of Marshall, James Madison, Maryland and Baylor. Baylor in particular has an absolutely pathetic defense.

He had a huge game against Oklahoma but that was rushing yards/tds. Also, what happened during the second half of his season? Did he pull a Mike Wallace? Injuries?

The guy is a weapon.. no doubt about it. I just don't think the guy should be a 1st round WR.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158019/article/nfl-draft-questions-cincinnati-bengals-to-add-x-factor[/url]

I wouldn't take him at 17, but I don't want to play him twice a year either. Great potential as a returner if the team has the guts to use him that way. You always see some teams sit their potentially best returner for fear of losing them for their other duties as WR, RB, etc.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'll tell you what scares me...

a team that knows how to use Tavon Austin's talents properly drafting him.
    Like New England you mean? That is scarey.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

ok, agreed. Tom Brady and his three step drops hitting Austin and his 4.3 speed in stride on those little seven yard outs also scares me.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Does it "scare" anyone that 7 out of his 12 receiving touchdowns came against the likes of Marshall, James Madison, Maryland and Baylor. Baylor in particular has an absolutely pathetic defense.

He had a huge game against Oklahoma but that was rushing yards/tds. Also, what happened during the second half of his season? Did he pull a Mike Wallace? Injuries?

The guy is a weapon.. no doubt about it. I just don't think the guy should be a 1st round WR.
    WVU's D was worse than Baylors... they pretty much played from behind the whole second half of the season.

Geno Smith is also an over hyped QB who didn't have the killer instinct... he pretty much goes into a shell once things stopped going his way. WVU was pretty pathetic last year IMO.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    WVU's D was worse than Baylors... they pretty much played from behind the whole second half of the season.

Geno Smith is also an over hyped QB who didn't have the killer instinct... he pretty much goes into a shell once things stopped going his way. WVU was pretty pathetic last year IMO.
    This. Truth
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    This. Truth

Pathetic indeed... and going to be much worse the next few years. Holgorson's days are numbered.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    ok, agreed. Tom Brady and his three step drops hitting Austin and his 4.3 speed in stride on those little seven yard outs also scares me.
    all you have to do is get the ball in Tavon Austin's hands and he is a threat to take it all the way every time.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern McCracken View Post
    Pathetic indeed... and going to be much worse the next few years. Holgorson's days are numbered.
    This I would disagree with. Holgerson is learning to be a head coach. He did poorly on his defensive hires. That has been resolved.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!