Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavon Austin scares me

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sounds like you are describing Tyler Eifert, a "huge" "receiver" with great body control and the ability to overpower defenders.
    If he's wants a Boldin / Roddy White clone then DeAndre Hopkins is it. Very possible he'll be the best WR in this draft class and one of the "safer" offensive skill position picks overall.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think anyone slating Austin as the pick in round 1 hasn't been paying attention to the way the Steelers draft.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He doesn't scare me.

Wes Welker- 5' 10" 184 lbs
    DeSean Jackson 5"9" 175lbs
    Tavon Austin 5'8" 174lbs.

I'd consider him at 17, but to be honest we have other needs elsewhere and can probably get his counter part Bailey later in the draft, or another WR. Put me down for the ND TE too or a db or lb.

Tavon would play right away though returning punts, KO's, etc. explosive playmaker.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Of all the 'high round' WR's available Chadman would take Markus Wheaton in Round 2 as the preference, or if his character holds up- DaRick Rogers.

Starting to wish that Arians drafts Eifert at Arizona & buries him on the depth chart.

The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Starting to wish that Arians drafts Eifert at Arizona & buries him on the depth chart.

how is Eifert at catching bubble screens?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    how is Eifert at catching bubble screens?
    He's great.

So great in fact, he can line up at Center, snap to himself at QB, then throw the bubble to himself at TE, all the while blocking downfield in order to spring himself into the End Zone, where he'll high-5 himself & jump into a crowd populated by.... well, himself.

He could go #1 overall, thinking about it..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    He's great.

So great in fact, he can line up at Center, snap to himself at QB, then throw the bubble to himself at TE, all the while blocking downfield in order to spring himself into the End Zone, where he'll high-5 himself & jump into a crowd populated by.... well, himself.

He could go #1 overall, thinking about it..
    that's because he's an offensive player.

if Eifert played on defense under LeBeau, it would take him 3 years to learn how to do all that...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that's because he's an offensive player.

if Eifert played on defense under LeBeau, it would take him 3 years to learn how to do all that...

If he was on Defense, we wouldn't need to draft him yet. No point drafting a Defensive player before Round 6 if all they do is sit & learn for 12 years.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Sorry Jim, it's not you, it's the whole Eifert or bust argument without reason that some peeps make...

Ertz in the 2nd would be better than Eifert in the first... i wouldn't totally groan at that because he's a better pass catcher than Eifert... furthermore, i don't see the point in a first round, starter quality TE when the team doesn't have one starter quality RB and only one starter quality ILB and Worilds is TBD (at a minimum, he needs competition)... Spaeth at TE is on the level of Foote at LB... Except, by mid-season, Spaeth will have a replacement... Foote needs one as well...
    I would be willing to wager that Eifert & Ertz are both gone by our 2nd pick (unless we trade).
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jooser and pfelix72 are the only two people in this thread I agree with. Everyone else is wrong. If you are afraid of Tavon Austin it should be because another team drafted him and you now have to deal with him. Everyone here concerned about his durability and his size are just plain wrong. That is no an opinion. It is a fact.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!