Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Tavon Austin scares me

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Why would we need another small receiver? We have gilreath if we need that. We have bigger needs.
    I agree that we have bigger needs in the draft. I'm hoping they draft a safety or ILB with the first pick. I was only making a "What if'" comparison of Patterson v Austin for the first pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern McCracken View Post
    Don't forget... Tavon had 350 YARDS RUSHING against Oklahoma this year. All the more reason I take Austin. The kid is versatile.
    The score was 50 to 49... so you pretty much have to throw those stats out the window. This was a track meet... most Big 12 games are track meets these days and it's rare to see a low scoring affair these days.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The score was 50 to 49... so you pretty much have to throw those stats out the window. This was a track meet... most Big 12 games are track meets these days and it's rare to see a low scoring affair these days.
    You are right about the Big 12, but you certainly can't take away from the kid's ability. How many times did the Sooners give up 350 yards rushing total this year, let alone to one player?