Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 103

Thread: Tavon Austin scares me

  1. #71
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,283
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    I would say that if he is developed like Aaron Rogers. Behind a vet for a couple years he will excel. If he is thrown into the fire like RGIII or Luck last year I think he will struggle.
    No one does that anymore...

  2. #72
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,477
    Does it "scare" anyone that 7 out of his 12 receiving touchdowns came against the likes of Marshall, James Madison, Maryland and Baylor. Baylor in particular has an absolutely pathetic defense.

    He had a huge game against Oklahoma but that was rushing yards/tds. Also, what happened during the second half of his season? Did he pull a Mike Wallace? Injuries?

    The guy is a weapon.. no doubt about it. I just don't think the guy should be a 1st round WR.
    <a href="http://www.ticketmonster.com/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Tickets?aid=16567">Get Great Steelers Tickets!</a>

  3. #73
    Pro Bowler thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,032
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...o-add-x-factor

    I wouldn't take him at 17, but I don't want to play him twice a year either. Great potential as a returner if the team has the guts to use him that way. You always see some teams sit their potentially best returner for fear of losing them for their other duties as WR, RB, etc.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'll tell you what scares me...

    a team that knows how to use Tavon Austin's talents properly drafting him.
    Like New England you mean? That is scarey.

  5. #75
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,269
    ok, agreed. Tom Brady and his three step drops hitting Austin and his 4.3 speed in stride on those little seven yard outs also scares me.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

    go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

    Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

  6. #76
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,283
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Does it "scare" anyone that 7 out of his 12 receiving touchdowns came against the likes of Marshall, James Madison, Maryland and Baylor. Baylor in particular has an absolutely pathetic defense.

    He had a huge game against Oklahoma but that was rushing yards/tds. Also, what happened during the second half of his season? Did he pull a Mike Wallace? Injuries?

    The guy is a weapon.. no doubt about it. I just don't think the guy should be a 1st round WR.
    WVU's D was worse than Baylors... they pretty much played from behind the whole second half of the season.

    Geno Smith is also an over hyped QB who didn't have the killer instinct... he pretty much goes into a shell once things stopped going his way. WVU was pretty pathetic last year IMO.

  7. #77
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,336
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    WVU's D was worse than Baylors... they pretty much played from behind the whole second half of the season.

    Geno Smith is also an over hyped QB who didn't have the killer instinct... he pretty much goes into a shell once things stopped going his way. WVU was pretty pathetic last year IMO.
    This. Truth
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    Draft 2.0

    1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    This. Truth

    Pathetic indeed... and going to be much worse the next few years. Holgorson's days are numbered.

  9. #79
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,141
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    ok, agreed. Tom Brady and his three step drops hitting Austin and his 4.3 speed in stride on those little seven yard outs also scares me.
    all you have to do is get the ball in Tavon Austin's hands and he is a threat to take it all the way every time.

  10. #80
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern McCracken View Post
    Pathetic indeed... and going to be much worse the next few years. Holgorson's days are numbered.
    This I would disagree with. Holgerson is learning to be a head coach. He did poorly on his defensive hires. That has been resolved.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    Draft 2.0

    1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •