Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: top performers in 2012 rookie class

  1. #1

    top performers in 2012 rookie class

    Curious to know what others think about the top 2012 rookie performers (for the steelers).
    My top two picks are Will Johnson and Kelvin Beachum, with Paulson maybe being considered up there somewhere.
    Hopefully some of our high picks will stay healthy this year (and stay out of trouble) and produce like they are capable of. As of right now though, it's looking like the last round of the draft and an undrafted rookie are the only ones standing in the way of the 2012 class being one of the worst rookie classes in recent memory. Any thoughts?

    I was extremely pleased with the picks on draft day last year... as luck will have it though, the class hadn't worked out as planned for various reasons(at least initially). Hoping for more out of these guys in 2013, at least the ones who are still with the team.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern McCracken View Post
    Curious to know what others think about the top 2012 rookie performers (for the steelers).
    My top two picks are Will Johnson and Kelvin Beachum, with Paulson maybe being considered up there somewhere.
    Hopefully some of our high picks will stay healthy this year (and stay out of trouble) and produce like they are capable of. As of right now though, it's looking like the last round of the draft and an undrafted rookie are the only ones standing in the way of the 2012 class being one of the worst rookie classes in recent memory. Any thoughts?

    I was extremely pleased with the picks on draft day last year... as luck will have it though, the class hadn't worked out as planned for various reasons(at least initially). Hoping for more out of these guys in 2013, at least the ones who are still with the team.
    I remember thinking we hit a home run with the 2012 draft. I was so excited to see the season start ... and then came preseason and the injury to Double D, then the injury to Spence, then the disaster with Ta'amu and finally the off season debacle with Rainey. I ended up being most happy with Adams who was the one I was most unsure of after the draft.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,269
    You know, I don't personally recall hearing much about Johnson but I only get to actually watch a few games per year, Paulson and Beachum both however seemed to play well when called upon. Until he got injured, I really can't complain about Mike Adams either, he played alright, the rook didn't get his quaterback killed and that's job #1.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

    go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

    Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    I thought it was a good draft but the injuries hurt that class. It was good though to see many of them get playing time, something you don't see usually in rookie seasons.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,575
    Thought Adams played quite well last year & was easily the Steelers "Rookie of the Year".

    Beachum has limited playing time but exceeded expectations & Paulson didn't look out of place.

    Quite like what we saw out of Rainey before he beat up on women.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  6. #6
    I think Adams has a huge upside. He was a first round talent.

    I was excited about all of the picks (didn't know much about Spence at the time). I was excited to hear that he was doing very well in summer practice last year. Hopefully he will recover. I noticed their big nose tackle was back on the practice squad before the end of the year. Maybe he will get his head screwed on straight and make an impact this year.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    You know, I don't personally recall hearing much about Johnson but I only get to actually watch a few games per year, Paulson and Beachum both however seemed to play well when called upon. Until he got injured, I really can't complain about Mike Adams either, he played alright, the rook didn't get his quaterback killed and that's job #1.
    I took a personal interest to Johnson because he played for WVU (my home state). He was a unique story, playing TE in college... being out of football for a year. Works his tail off in the weightroom. Picks up a ton of speed and strength. Shows up at a WVU pro day last year and benches 225 for 40 reps and runs a 4.5 second 40 yard dash. The kid was basically a non factor (in college) in an offense that didn't use Tight Ends. Works his tail off and now looks to have a bright future in the NFL (with a little luck). Kinda reminds me of a Willie Parker type of story.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern McCracken View Post
    I think Adams has a huge upside. He was a first round talent.

    I was excited about all of the picks (didn't know much about Spence at the time). I was excited to hear that he was doing very well in summer practice last year. Hopefully he will recover. I noticed their big nose tackle was back on the practice squad before the end of the year. Maybe he will get his head screwed on straight and make an impact this year.
    Agreed about Adams (waiting for Shawn's head to explode).

    Unfortunately for Spense, things do not sound promising for him. Pity, because he was a real playmaker in college.

    Ta'amu..... if he isn't lights-out at Training Camp, he might get a visit from 'The Turk' before Camp closes. Chadman has to believe that's a short leash right there.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  9. #9
    Yea, I was as excited about the NT as I was the Adams pick, because he was described as a late 2nd or early 3rd round talent. Seemed to be a bargain when we got him in the 4th round.

  10. #10
    Starter Rara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    527
    I loved all of our picks last year. DeCastro, Adams and Ta'Amu were my favorites.
    Rara's very early 2015 NFL Mock Draft
    Round 1- Jalen Collins, CB; LSU
    Round 2- Eric Lefeld, OT; Cincinatti
    Round 3- Tyler Kroft, TE; Rutgers
    Round 4- Geneo Grissom, OLB; Oklahoma
    Round 5- Jonathon Mincy, CB; Auburn
    Round 6- Jamil Douglas, OG; Arizona State
    Round 7- Spencer Roth, P; Baylor

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •