Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Want to improve this team's offense? Figure out a way to sign Eric Winston

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    well, unless those stats favor your argument of course...
    Forgive Ike. He's still blaming Arians for running Parker up the middle.

Even though he barely did it in the three years BA was his OC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    You mean like idiots who complain about lack of points without taking into account that they don't even TRY to get them because they take the air out of the football?

Fantasy football and the Yinzers simpleton way of football has destroyed football logic.

They know three things:

Run the ball.

The defense is great.

Ben/BA are evil.
    and you know three things:

Pass the ball.

The 4th quarter defense is awful.

Art II/Haley are evil.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie Man View Post
    Stoned dude. Get it right you great person.
    Just being playful, not trying to offend.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

This was a thread introduced to suggest trying to sign Eric Winston. Notice that Eric Winston's name has not been even mentioned one single time in any of the replies after the original poster brings it up in the first post. Not once!

In an effort to actually address the question answered instead of complaining about ownership mandates and golf coach playcalling and what mindless yinzers want for the bazillionth time, I'd say that I like Winston, but unfortunately, he is a RT only, when we need a LT. At this point, I could live with Adams and Gilbert battling for the RT spot, but I worry when one of those guys is charged with protecting Ben's blind side. The more prudent (and likely more cost-effective) move would be to bring back Starks to play LT yet again and let Adams and Gilbert fight it out for RT instead.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-02-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

just out of curiosity on how you all would react....

KC reportedly looking for a second round pick in trade for LT Brandon Albert. I know we can't take his contract straight on, but instead of draft picks what if the Steelers traded Lamar Woodley for Albert and moved Woirlds to the left side. Make Gilbert a back up at tackle and look to draft an OLB for the right side. Not sure how the contracts of Woodley and Albert compare to even see if this is feasible. Just sparking conversation....
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    This was a thread introduced to suggest trying to sign Eric Winston. Notice that Eric Winston's name has not been even mentioned one single time in any of the replies after the original poster brings it up in the first post. Not once!
    I'm guilty as charged!
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    just out of curiosity on how you all would react....

KC reportedly looking for a second round pick in trade for LT Brandon Albert. I know we can't take his contract straight on, but instead of draft picks what if the Steelers traded Lamar Woodley for Albert and moved Woirlds to the left side. Make Gilbert a back up at tackle and look to draft an OLB for the right side. Not sure how the contracts of Woodley and Albert compare to even see if this is feasible. Just sparking conversation....
    Trading Woodley would accelerate the remainder of his signing bonus onto this year's cap, so that isn't feasible.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

In an effort to actually address the question answered instead of complaining about ownership mandates and golf coach playcalling and what mindless yinzers want for the bazillionth time, I'd say that I like Winston, but unfortunately, he is a RT only, when we need a LT. At this point, I could live with Adams and Gilbert battling for the RT spot, but I worry when one of those guys is charged with protecting Ben's blind side. The more prudent (and likely more cost-effective) move would be to bring back Starks to play LT yet again and let Adams and Gilbert fight it out for RT instead.
    I too believe they should have Max on the team but, not penciled in as a starter but, as a backup. Allow Gilbert/Adams/Beechum to fight for their jobs with knowing there is a comfort level having a veteran like Maxs on the sidelines. If what you say about Eric is true and I don't doubt you, Tomlin won't want a guy that can't multi task. Have any teams looked at Max. Just not to start a new thread, has anyone signed or looked into Chris Rainy ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I too believe they should have Max on the team but, not penciled in as a starter but, as a backup. Allow Gilbert/Adams/Beechum to fight for their jobs with knowing there is a comfort level having a veteran like Maxs on the sidelines. If what you say about Eric is true and I don't doubt you, Tomlin won't want a guy that can't multi task. Have any teams looked at Max. Just not to start a new thread, has anyone signed or looked into Chris Rainy ?
    I think problem is Max wont play as a backup. He want a starter job and i don't blame him.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I'm guilty as charged!
    you and I are both only guilty of wasting our time arguing with a guy who is never going to admit he's wrong no matter how wrong he is.

so this makes 6 posts in this thread now where I haven't mentioned the player this thread is supposed to be about so to make up for it:

Eric Winston, Eric Winston, Eric Winston, Eric Winston, Eric Winston, Eric Winston...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha