Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Want to improve this team's offense? Figure out a way to sign Eric Winston

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    What's the point when every run is up the middle and too predictable in play-calling?

    The OL isn't the real problem, the coach calling the plays is.
    So how come most on this board could call our plays before they were run when Arians was the OC? My biggest complaint about him was that we ALWAYS ran up the middle. We had FWP and Arians was trying to turn him into a guy who only ran up the middle. It ruined Parker's career.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,973
    I don't get it. Didn't the Steelers rush the fewest amount or percentage of plays last year in the last 30 years? How is that on Art II and Haley if all they want the Steelers to do is RUTM?

  3. #13
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,163
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    I don't get it. Didn't the Steelers rush the fewest amount or percentage of plays last year in the last 30 years? How is that on Art II and Haley if all they want the Steelers to do is RUTM?
    what are you trying to do, introduce logic into this discussion?

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,975
    When you hate for no reason or have an axe to grind, you don't need logic. I have a feeling siggy00 is really Arians wife.

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    I don't get it. Didn't the Steelers rush the fewest amount or percentage of plays last year in the last 30 years? How is that on Art II and Haley if all they want the Steelers to do is RUTM?
    Didn't Crash teach you anything? Quit looking at stats. If you believe those stats you don't know anything about football. It matters WHEN they run the ball ... not how often. Even if they only ran it twice last year but it was on 1st down that is wrong, wrong, wrong. They should have thrown the ball on those downs. How can you waste the talents of a QB who is the product of sperm from Johnny U, Bart Starr, Otto Graham, and Roger Staubach mixed together and used to fertilize an egg from Babe Didrikson? Everything is either the fault of the damn yinzer golf coach or the overrated HOF defensive coordinator who teaches his defenders to let the opponent score after we score ... every time.


    The preceding message was paid for by the Siggy is a Zero committee.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  6. #16
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    So how come most on this board could call our plays before they were run when Arians was the OC? My biggest complaint about him was that we ALWAYS ran up the middle. We had FWP and Arians was trying to turn him into a guy who only ran up the middle. It ruined Parker's career.
    No, Parker breaking his leg in St. Louis ended his career. He never recovered from it.

    And ironically? He was hurt on a toss sweep.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-Parker-injury

    Try again.

  7. #17
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    It matters WHEN they run the ball ... not how often.
    Absolutely. What do you want the Steelers to do in the last 2 minutes of a half?

    Run and quit, or throw the ball and score?

    WR screens and throwing in the last two minutes skew the numbers.

    Have to watch the game instead of reading the stat sheet.

    Mike Mayock for example, is the ONLY national expert to state during a game that the Steelers won their games by throwing early to get leads, and THEN running to protect it.

    But people who are more worried about "Steeler reputation" and trying to link everything this team does now to the freaking 1970s Stillers rather than facts won't ever admit that these weren't your granddads Steelers once #7 showed up week 3 in 2004.
    Last edited by Siggy00; 04-01-2013 at 07:24 PM.

  8. #18
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Absolutely. What do you want the Steelers to do in the last 2 minutes of a half?

    Run and quit, or throw the ball and score?
    how about when we have the lead at the end of games and we run the ball to milk time off the clock?

    don't those runs skew the numbers also?

  9. #19
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    how about when we have the lead at the end of games and we run the ball to milk time off the clock?

    don't those runs skew the numbers also?
    You mean like idiots who complain about lack of points without taking into account that they don't even TRY to get them because they take the air out of the football?

    Fantasy football and the Yinzers simpleton way of football has destroyed football logic.

    They know three things:

    Run the ball.

    The defense is great.

    Ben/BA are evil.

  10. #20
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,163
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Didn't Crash teach you anything? Quit looking at stats.

    The preceding message was paid for by the Siggy is a Zero committee.
    well, unless those stats favor your argument of course...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •