Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

Legend

User Info Menu

makes me think the year Matt Jones came out how there were so many people who sounded like they'd give their first-born for the guy...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I like Eifert and would be ok with the pick, but if he is the pick, the Steelers almost have to use another early pick on finding a deep threat wide receiver. Sanders and Brown both profile better as #2 WRs and neither is the type that scares you deep. If the Steelers run all short and intermediate routes, defenses will squat on those routes and also snuff out the running game.

You need to have somebody on the outside who can challenge the defense deep to help open up the short and intermediate stuff.
    Or, vice versa, use the tight ends to mask the deficiency on the outside by using them like New England. Once you begin to get cut into 1000 pieces with the tight ends it gives the guys outside a little more operating room.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    makes me think the year Matt Jones came out how there were so many people who sounded like they'd give their first-born for the guy...
    ...which is where the comparison ends.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    ...which is where the comparison ends.
    exactly... cuz this guy's a can't miss, guaranteed superstar...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Or, vice versa, use the tight ends to mask the deficiency on the outside by using them like New England. Once you begin to get cut into 1000 pieces with the tight ends it gives the guys outside a little more operating room.

Pappy
    That's my thinking Pap... Everyone keeps talking about taking the top off the D but I think forcing the safeties to come up and tackle the TE's would have the same effect and also force the LB's to cover.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    That's my thinking Pap... Everyone keeps talking about taking the top off the D but I think forcing the safeties to come up and tackle the TE's would have the same effect and also force the LB's to cover.
    Add to that- Sanders and Brown are no Mike Wallace, but they aren't exactly slow. If they get a step on a guy, they are capable of taking it to the house.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Perhaps the Spaeth add-on was just some smoke and mirrors. Letting others to believe that the Steelers aren't shopping for a TE in the draft... I'm on board with picking Eifert at #17. I wouldn't be upset if they drafted Tavon Austin either.

I have this feeling that Harrison is gonna come back to the B&G later on, thus making OLB not such a priority this year......
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Perhaps the Spaeth add-on was just some smoke and mirrors. Letting others to believe that the Steelers aren't shopping for a TE in the draft... I'm on board with picking Eifert at #17. I wouldn't be upset if they drafted Tavon Austin either.

I have this feeling that Harrison is gonna come back to the B&G later on, thus making OLB not such a priority this year......
    According to PFT the Steelers are moving on without James.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/report-steelers-tell-james-harrison-theyre-not-interested/[/URL]

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    According to PFT the Steelers are moving on without James.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/report-steelers-tell-james-harrison-theyre-not-interested/[/URL]

Pappy
    as they should. just move on and don't repeat the aaron smith debacle that lingered for three years
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    exactly... cuz this guy's a can't miss, guaranteed superstar...
    ...which was never said about Matt Jones...