Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

Backup

User Info Menu

[url]http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug/17/sports/la-sp-steelers-roethlisberger-haley-20120817[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    So the LA Times reporting it is speculation, but you claiming Haley was hired because of his Cards work is not?
    please don't put words into my mouth, I didn't claim Haley was hired because of his Cards work. unlike you, I'm not privy to the Steelers closed door decision-making process.

I just provided you with one of his qualifications, which you dared anyone to come up with. Big difference...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In fairness to Haley one might want to consider other aspects of the team in order to make a valid judgement of his coaching abilities.
    Usually when a team incorporates a new system, it takes time for the players to adapt to it and learn all the plays in order to have success.
    We had some issues on defense at the beginning last year, plus Ryan Clark couldn't play against Denver, when you combined that with a new system its tough to get consistency.

Our first 5 games of the season resulted in a 2-3 record. Then the defense picked up and the players on offense had a better grasp of the new system resulting in a four game win streak. Prior to that win streak the most yards by an individual back was 47 yrds, then when we had more balance in passing and rushing the wins started to pile up.
    In one of those wins Redman had 147 yrds. on the ground followed by Dwyer with back to back games 107 and 102 in the other two games. During that span Redman had an injury after his 147 rushing game, then Dwyer got nicked up after his performance leaving the Steelers without a healthy running back.
    During that span Ben was having one of his best seasons especially in third down conversions, the Steelers were like the third team in the NFL in TOP. Going into that fourth game of the win streak we didn't have a healthy back, we still won the game in OT but lossed Ben for the next three games then the bottom fell out losing 5 of our last seven.

When your O-line is losing starters to injury, backs not healthy and Ben out, its tough to get consistency replacing starters with subs who haven't had enough reps in the new system, so it's bound to have a negative effect on the team.
    Lets try to hold off on the judgement of Haley or any coaches and see how they respond to the adversity this team faced last season as we enter the 2013 season.

We still have the draft coming up and the possibility of picking up Bradshaw later when he's able to work out. We don't know how the new season will unfold but I think we will have a hungry steeler team willing to put in the extra work to get better, coaches and players alike.
    As fans none of us like the way 2012 ended and I know the players and coaches feel likewise, 500 seasons and no playoffs isn't what we are accustomed to. The goal for the Steelers is make the playoffs and try to contend for a champioship that's the standard the team goes by each and every year, so lets see how our teams responds in 2013.

Backup

User Info Menu

Isn't the standard the standard?

The 2-3 record had nothing to do with offense. It was the 4th quarter defense that was responsible for it.

Just like I said it would be when LeBeau scapegoat Arians was no longer here to take the blame for him anymore.

Ben always played well on 3rd down.

The offense under Arians was always among the best in TOP as well.

When your O-line is losing starters to injury, backs not healthy and Ben out, its tough to get consistency replacing starters with subs who haven't had enough reps in the new system, so it's bound to have a negative effect on the team.
    Arians dealt with the same issues for years.

Funny how that never got mentioned for him though.

All because he dared to build around a HOF QB and didn't care for tired, outdated "Steeler traditions" like having a fullback on the field.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Arians offense wasn't any better than Haley's unless you figure from the 20 to the 20.
    What I look at is points scored, under Arians last season we were 12-4 finished with 325 points scored which is an average of 20.3 points a game.
    Under Haley we scored 336 points with an average of 21.0 points a game a tad better than Arians actually.
    Either way the offense struggled in the red zone with two different OC's, that is the offense's problem scoring once inside the red zone or lack of TD's and settle for 3's.

Heath Miller scored 6 TD's last season, Pope two, and for the short time he was here and used Plax scored 1. This is why I like Eifert not only between the 20's but a good end zone target. What good is an offense marching down the field only to settle for 3's or coming away with no points at all? Until the Steelers find ways to improve their red zone and end zone production, no matter who the OC is won't matter much.
    Finally, it come down to the players executing the plays .
    Our receiving corps was pretty good under Arians less drops and good YAC, but still that didn't translate into scoring enough once in the red zone. The defense can't play a perfect game everytime but what I seen they usually kept it close enough to win if the offense made a few plays in those 3 point losses.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 04-01-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Backup

User Info Menu

What I look at is points scored, under Arians last season we were 12-4 finished with 325 points scored which is an average of 20.3 points a game.
    Under Haley we scored 336 points with an average of 21.0 points a game a tad better than Arians actually.
    Where did the DEFENSE rank in turnovers forced?

When you want to run the ball, chew up clock? Unless you get a defense that gives you short fields? You aren't going to score a ton of points.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've seen times where the steelers had 8o yard drives and score, and times they had short field position and failed to take advantage of it.
    Our defense kept most games close enough to win, its about damn time the offense quit relying on the defense and rely on themselves to win the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Arians offense wasn't any better than Haley's unless you figure from the 20 to the 20.
    Either way the offense struggled in the red zone with two different OC's, that is the offense's problem scoring once inside the red zone or lack of TD's and settle for 3's.

Heath Miller scored 6 TD's last season, Pope two, and for the short time he was here and used Plax scored 1. This is why I like Eifert not only between the 20's but a good end zone target. What good is an offense marching down the field only to settle for 3's or coming away with no points at all? Until the Steelers find ways to improve their red zone and end zone production, no matter who the OC is won't matter much.
    Finally, it come down to the players executing the plays .
    Our receiving corps was pretty good under Arians less drops and good YAC, but still that didn't translate into scoring enough once in the red zone. The defense can't play a perfect game everytime but what I seen they usually kept it close enough to win if the offense made a few plays in those 3 point losses.
    Eifert is the answer for the offense. We need our Round 1 pick on the field helping the team win not standing on the sideline waiting his turn.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Eifert is the answer for the offense. We need our Round 1 pick on the field helping the team win not standing on the sideline waiting his turn.
    what the hell are you trying to do Ovi?

get the thread back onto its original topic?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    what the hell are you trying to do Ovi?

get the thread back onto its original topic?
    I'm an optimist at heart! Plus I have certain people on "Ignore" which allows me to focus on what is important.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"