Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Good point on the financials. Eifert and Ertz are both low risk imo. But both are mid to late first round picks by many. If I had to go with a sure fire WR it would be Quinton Patton but again he seems like a late first rounder, early second. Depends where Colbert thinks he can get the value if he decides to remain put or trade down.
    the only sure fire player that will likely be left at 17 is going to be an OG...and I don't mean an original gangsta.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I think this pick makes so much sense. Cap wise it will work very well. By the time Eifert is ready for a payday Miller will be done or stay for cheap. Also Miller may come back and not be as good as he once was. Good to have his replacement now. Ben seems to do better when the TE plays well. He is the BPA at his positon at 17. Is there any other position that can be said for? No need to reach for a WR. Keep picking in the 3 or 4 and get a good enough one or it could work out like Wallace an be much better then his draft pick. Plus it should make Ben happy to have another weapon. Plus Eifert should have no problem in camp being the #1 TE with Miller out and #2 when he returns. Cut Speath when Miller is healthy or drop another player to the practice squad. Paulson should be ok on special teams to stick as the #3. Just seems to fit the steelers perfect right now.

Which is better on paper? Would it be better to pick rd 1 TE and 3rd/4rd WR or 1st rd WR and 3rd/4th TE? I think we have enough TE's that are 3rd or 4th types. I guess the same could be said for WR. But there are more questions for the draftable WR in the 1st then TE I think.
    Good analysis Laser, plus I'm tired of the Steelers marching down the field coming away with 3's we need players to make plays in the redzone and end zone. Miller was that type of player last season adding a player like Tyler would cushion the loss of Wallace. Then if we are successful in signing Bradshaw he too could be another weapon in the red zone with his pass catching skills.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I think this pick makes so much sense. Cap wise it will work very well. By the time Eifert is ready for a payday Miller will be done or stay for cheap. Also Miller may come back and not be as good as he once was. Good to have his replacement now. Ben seems to do better when the TE plays well. He is the BPA at his positon at 17. Is there any other position that can be said for? No need to reach for a WR. Keep picking in the 3 or 4 and get a good enough one or it could work out like Wallace an be much better then his draft pick. Plus it should make Ben happy to have another weapon. Plus Eifert should have no problem in camp being the #1 TE with Miller out and #2 when he returns. Cut Speath when Miller is healthy or drop another player to the practice squad. Paulson should be ok on special teams to stick as the #3. Just seems to fit the steelers perfect right now.

Which is better on paper? Would it be better to pick rd 1 TE and 3rd/4rd WR or 1st rd WR and 3rd/4th TE? I think we have enough TE's that are 3rd or 4th types. I guess the same could be said for WR. But there are more questions for the draftable WR in the 1st then TE I think.

Completely on target. Eifert makes sense on so many levels. Watching NFL Network last night some thought he may go to Tampa at #13 before we even have a chance to pick him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Completely on target. Eifert makes sense on so many levels. Watching NFL Network last night some thought he may go to Tampa at #13 before we even have a chance to pick him.
    Ertz in the second... Eifert isn't the second coming of Mark Bavarro and Grandkowski like people are making him out to be. Sure he is good but he isn't head and shoulders above Ertz. Stanford used their TE's as WR's and IMO it makes more sense to take him in the second. Eifert is probably a little better high pointing the ball but Ertz is no slouch and his hands are just as good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Eifert's highlights

Starter

User Info Menu

I would be OK with either TE, but IMO, Ertz in the 2nd makes more sense. Eifert is supposed to be a more complete player in that he blocks well etc. Ertz is more of a receiving TE. With Heath coming back at some point Ertz would be a perfect compliment to our offense.
    Last edited by blacknblue80s; 03-30-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

If they are truly equal, I take Ertz. The tiebreaker?.... gotta have a lot of smarts to go to Stanford.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Eifert's highlights

I like the way he gets up there to snag those high throws, he sure would be a nice sight to see doing this on a regular basis at Heinz field.
    If we didn't draft Eifert I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Ertz in round two as we could use all the help we can get on the offensive side of the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ertz in the second... Eifert isn't the second coming of Mark Bavarro and Grandkowski like people are making him out to be. Sure he is good but he isn't head and shoulders above Ertz. Stanford used their TE's as WR's and IMO it makes more sense to take him in the second. Eifert is probably a little better high pointing the ball but Ertz is no slouch and his hands are just as good.
    I don't think Ertz makes it past the first ten picks in Round 2 which means he is gone before we can pick.

It is also because Ertz was used more like a WR in Stanford's offense that I prefer Eifert.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There are a few mocks I looked at last night that had both TE's going in the first. Ertz going to san fran. Do mock drafts matter no of course not. But I could see hairball taking Ertz to have 2 power house TE's. Same as I have no problem with the Steelers doing. But I also see other possible picks in rd 1. I just like the TE pick the best right now. One thing we do not have much info on is the bad round and personal stuff the teams look at also for all the players. We only get to hear about the really "bad" boys.