Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks Chadman for putting it out there that we draft for the future ... not the upcoming year. I assumed this was common sense and didn't need to be stated but based on a number of posts I can see that isn't the case. If you want somebody to help immediately then sign a free agent. The overwhelming majority of draft picks take time to become productive players.

supersteeler, I agree wholeheartedly with your rationalization on picking a TE. I've been saying all along that if a primo pass rusher isn't available at #17 then either trade back for more picks or take the TE. I liked Ertz but I hadn't seen much of Eifert's play. It sounds like Eifert could be a very valuable guy for our franchise QB to utilize down the road.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Thanks Chadman for putting it out there that we draft for the future ... not the upcoming year. I assumed this was common sense and didn't need to be stated but based on a number of posts I can see that isn't the case. If you want somebody to help immediately then sign a free agent. The overwhelming majority of draft picks take time to become productive players.

supersteeler, I agree wholeheartedly with your rationalization on picking a TE. I've been saying all along that if a primo pass rusher isn't available at #17 then either trade back for more picks or take the TE. I liked Ertz but I hadn't seen much of Eifert's play. It sounds like Eifert could be a very valuable guy for our franchise QB to utilize down the road.
    I think one of the things that excites a lot of posters here about Eifert is that he's seen as both immediate help AND the future.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I think one of the things that excites a lot of posters here about Eifert is that he's seen as both immediate help AND the future.
    Word!

Legend

User Info Menu

A 100% YES to this!!!!!!! We can't get a Round 1 pick and watch them sit for two years. Our window with Ben is getting short.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think if we somehow end up drafting Tyler Eifert, the anti-Eifert pick will turn into a love fest when all is said and done.

Administrator

User Info Menu

A wide receiver like Patterson, Allen or Hopkins (my favorite WR of the bunch) would provide the same and is just as valuable and is more of a need.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    A wide receiver like Patterson, Allen or Hopkins (my favorite WR of the bunch) would provide the same and is just as valuable and is more of a need.
    I disagree about WR being more of a need than TE...

Administrator

User Info Menu

The Steelers draft strategy is BPA at a position of need. TE is not a position of need. I'm hopeful Miller will be back sooner than what most people expect.... give him some deer antlers (jk). Paulson saw playing time as a rookie. Then, you have David and Will Johnson as well. Don't get me wrong, I think David Johnson sucks but for some reason Tomlin doesn't and DJ was a starter. The #'s don't add up especially when you have so many glaring holes on both offense and defense that need to be filled.

People think Lattimore is a luxory pick in rounds 3 or 4???? At least he is great value and RB is a huge need. Eifert in the 1st round is a true luxury pick and we don't have that luxury.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I think if we somehow end up drafting Tyler Eifert, the anti-Eifert pick will turn into a love fest when all is said and done.
    If we end up drafting Eifert half the Eifert fans will end up turning on him because he won't live up to the expectations.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The Steelers draft strategy is BPA at a position of need. TE is not a position of need. I'm hopeful Miller will be back sooner than what most people expect.... give him some deer antlers (jk). Paulson saw playing time as a rookie. Then, you have David and Will Johnson as well. Don't get me wrong, I think David Johnson sucks but for some reason Tomlin doesn't and DJ was a starter. The #'s don't add up especially when you have so many glaring holes on both offense and defense that need to be filled.

People think Lattimore is a luxory pick in rounds 3 or 4???? At least he is great value and RB is a huge need. Eifert in the 1st round is a true luxury pick and we don't have that luxury.
    I guess we have different ideas of what a need is. I don't expect Heath back before the midway point of the season- if he's back sooner that's great but I still don't expect him the first few weeks. The TE's that you mentioned (aside from Heath) are not as good at their positions as the RB's or WR's that we would already have going in, IMO, especially if they end up picking up Bradshaw.