Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would love hunter in round 2, but I doubt he makes it that far. Everything I have read suggests his stock is rising.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    There was an argument put forward about drafting a 1st round NT & why, given that Hampton played less snaps than the #3 CB last season, it would be a bad investment of a 1st round pick.

How many catches were made by the #2 TE last season under Haley?
    Does that justify a 1st round selection?

It's funny that posters are now believing that Haley is a big user of 2 TE's. Haley also incorporates a FB. Arians NEVER used a FB, and just about ALWAYS used 2 TE's, yet there was very rarely a call out for the Steelers to draft a TE while Arians was here. Haley's use of a 2nd TE is vastly over stated.

Funny.
    Not many when you have a Paulson as your 2nd.TE. Of course your not going to see many catches if you don't have the weapon. Arians didn't use the TE in his offense much except for blocking, with Haley we seen Heath have one of his best years as a Steeler check it out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Not many when you have a Paulson as your 2nd.TE. Of course your not going to see many catches if you don't have the weapon. Arians didn't use the TE in his offense much except for blocking, with Haley we seen Heath have one of his best years as a Steeler check it out.
    People sell Paulsen short- possibly because he was a 7th round pick last year.

Paulsen 40 Yard- 4.62 20 Yard- 2.69 10 Yard- 1.68
    Eifert 40 Yard- 4.65 20 Yard- 2.69 10 Yard- 1.65

Paulson Bench- 21 Reps
    Eifert Bench- 22 Reps

Paulson Vertical- 33"
    Eifert Vertical- 35.5"

Paulson Broad Jump- 9'05"
    Eifert Broad Jump- 9'11"

Paulson 20 Yard Shuttle- 4.25
    Eifert 20 Yard Shuttle- 4.32

Paulson 3 Cone- 7.09
    Eifert 3 Cone- 6.92

Paulson's Last College Year Production- 30 Catches, 428 yards, 6 TD's
    Eifert's Last College Year Production- 50 catches, 685 yards, 4 TD's

Reckon Paulson will be just fine, to be honest.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I would love hunter in round 2, but I doubt he makes it that far. Everything I have read suggests his stock is rising.
    I have seen quite a few mocks recently that have Hunter in the latter part of round 1.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Haley has adjusted his offense to the skills available. If the draft plays out in a way that Eifert is BPA at 17 then I would be perfectly OK with the sure-handed Cotchery as our #3 if another WR is not drafted (slim). Then maybe Haley adjusts the offense to include more 2 TE sets. Just another view.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Haley has adjusted his offense to the skills available.
    Haley can't adjust anything.

don't you know that Haley is totally unqualified and is just a yinzer ex-golf coach who only got the job because of who his Daddy is?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

don't you know that Haley is totally unqualified and is just a yinzer ex-golf coach who only got the job because of who his Daddy is?
    Oh yeah forgot! lol! Also that his OVERALL #1 goal for the offense is to run up the time of possession so our defense can have a high ranking. Grassy knoll gettin' crowded.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mel Kiper on Tyler Eifert:

"Mike Wallace might be exiting, but in Eifert the Steelers add a different kind of matchup headache for defenses. Eifert has the speed to stretch the seam and also develop routes to the edges, and can't be effectively covered by anybody. He's too tall for corners and safeties, too fast for linebackers."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

If he's there @ 17 he might be the *BPA, and contribute early to the Steelers offense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

we get it.

you want eifert.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

What are his qualifications? Almost every NFL job he's ever gotten is due to knowing the right people.

Don't ignore the facts children.

DEAL in them.