Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

Legend

User Info Menu

The way that the NFL is today, picking a TE has many benefits of drafting a WR. This is not a vote for or against taking Eifert, but drafting him would not mean that we are stuck with a backup who doesn't see the field once Miller returns.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think the Steelers put Miller on the same deal they did with DeCastro -8 week PUP if I remember correctly. Steelers will take a pass catching TE at some point. I think David Johnson is eventually cut just because of numbers if the rookie is on the same level.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I think the Steelers put Miller on the same deal they did with DeCastro -8 week PUP if I remember correctly. Steelers will take a pass catching TE at some point. I think David Johnson is eventually cut just because of numbers if the rookie is on the same level.

The Steelers are hoping to know before April's draft what Heath Miller (knee surgery) can provide this season.Miller completely blew out his knee in Week 16, tearing his ACL, MCL and PCL. The Steelers should be preparing as if he'll start this season on PUP and consider it a bonus if he doesn't. Miller will be 31 in October and already lacked both long speed and lateral quickness. With only Matt Spaeth and David Paulson behind him on the depth chart, the Steelers could very well draft a tight end. Mar 27 - 12:10 PMSource: ESPN New York

I think he had the surgery at the end of December and from what I'm told it could take up to three months using crutches, let alone the start of rehab. Even after completing rehab it's going to take some time to get in playing shape.

They must of forgot we have David Johnson, maybe he doesn't count.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 04-03-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    The Steelers are hoping to know before April's draft what Heath Miller (knee surgery) can provide this season.Miller completely blew out his knee in Week 16, tearing his ACL, MCL and PCL. The Steelers should be preparing as if he'll start this season on PUP and consider it a bonus if he doesn't. Miller will be 31 in October and already lacked both long speed and lateral quickness. With only Matt Spaeth and David Paulson behind him on the depth chart, the Steelers could very well draft a tight end. Mar 27 - 12:10 PMSource: ESPN New York

I think he had the surgery at the end of December and from what I'm told it could take up to three months using crutches, let alone the start of rehab. Even after completing rehab it's going to take some time to get in playing shape.

They must of forgot we have David Johnson, maybe he doesn't count.
    Also have Zach Pianalto & Jamie McCoy on the roster. Pianalto was brought in late last season & McCoy has been on the PS for a season.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Also have Zach Pianalto & Jamie McCoy on the roster. Pianalto was brought in late last season & McCoy has been on the PS for a season.
    I know Chad, just like we have KasHif Moore and Gilreath at WR.

Legend

User Info Menu

Given the way the Steelers put Gilreath on the playing roster during the season last year, it wouldn't surprise Chadman if he is some shot of making the team.

From memory McCoy was one of the last cuts made- pretty sure they liked him as a TE/FB type.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Some of you guys confuse me. Don't take Eifert in 1st rd. Paulson is good enough. Then it goes pick Jones in the first not sure if Worilds is good enough? Looks like the same thing to me. Then there will be guys that say Miller will be back. Ok he is 31 off a MAJOR knee injury. But others scream get rid of Taylor he is old an should have signed Lewis. Now there is no one on the roster who can replace him. I think you guys get the point.

I love to watch you guys go round in round. It is Funny! When it ends up a safety or wr some of you will cry. Then if it is OL most of you will explode. Draft in 22 days 21mins. Then you guys can fight over all the picks!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Some of you guys confuse me. Don't take Eifert in 1st rd. Paulson is good enough. Then it goes pick Jones in the first not sure if Worilds is good enough? Looks like the same thing to me. Then there will be guys that say Miller will be back. Ok he is 31 off a MAJOR knee injury. But others scream get rid of Taylor he is old an should have signed Lewis. Now there is no one on the roster who can replace him. I think you guys get the point.

I love to watch you guys go round in round. It is Funny! When it ends up a safety or wr some of you will cry. Then if it is OL most of you will explode. Draft in 22 days 21mins. Then you guys can fight over all the picks!
    at this point, the only thing that WOULD drive me crazy at this point is Eifert. If you gave me a any of LB, NT, WR, S or RB, I'd have no complaints.. Even if they choose the guys i think are overrated (like Arthur Brown), I'd appreciate that they're shooting for the correct positions
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As we should realize the draft is unpredictable not only the pick but how that pick will turn out. Outside of that I wouldn't mind some crazy on draft day.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post

I betcha the majority would agree that trading down in the first and acquiring more picks would make everyone happy. I seem to favor the players rated in the latter half of the first for some reason. WR would be the only position where we could miss out on a big time talent if we trade down imho.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska