Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 149

Thread: Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

  1. #101
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    <- This was Chadman's face as Schiavone won her first...
    Congrats

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    They already tried to address defense with Hood, Heyward, Worlids, Allen, Carter, and others, outside of Allen how much production did we see.
    Yeah the defense needs to be addressed but why does it have to be round one? We need playmakers and when you say 5 TE 's on the roster outside of Miller who gets in the end zone?

    How many of your defensive picks help us right now? I'm still waiting for Hood and Heyward and they were 1st round picks.
    team lost Casey, Harrison, Lewis and Foote is aging, along with the Safties; 3rd rounder Spence may never play again.... it's not as if they haven't tried with the offense as well - the oline is pretty revamped, they got (and lost) mendy and wallace over the last few years, as well as the bust Sweed... high picks have happened on both sides of the ball - it's just that they were more significant on defense this year, and therefore, it needs to be replenished...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

  3. #103
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    team lost Casey, Harrison, Lewis and Foote is aging, along with the Safties; 3rd rounder Spence may never play again.... it's not as if they haven't tried with the offense as well - the oline is pretty revamped, they got (and lost) mendy and wallace over the last few years, as well as the bust Sweed... high picks have happened on both sides of the ball - it's just that they were more significant on defense this year, and therefore, it needs to be replenished...
    I never said we don't have to replenish the defense, I'm well aware of an aging Clark,Troy, Foote and Taylor. We have plenty of rounds to address defense so why does it have to be addressed in round one when that player won't play much his first year?
    I like Eifert because he's NFL ready and could at least compete for a starting position with Miller out and at worse get playing time. It doesn't have to be Eifert though, what if a really good Tackle is there when we pick do we pass him up just because we want to replenish defense?

    We already have a top rated defense so do we put more into that unit to maintain that top rated level, while the offense struggles to score points? What is wrong in trying to improve the the weakest part of the team, did anyone check to see where our offense is ranked in redzone scoring?
    In my eyes Ben is the most important player the Steelers have in reaching the playoffs or a shot to be a Super Bowl contender. I would think you try and improve the players around him protecting your most valued investment, but also getting him the weapons to succeed.

    Our defense has played well over the years but we can't expect them to hold leads every single game while the offense continues to struggle, that's a lot of pressure put on that unit. It's time the Steelers offense rely on themselves to close out ball games but in order to do that we'll need the right weapons.
    Look at our average points scored per game the last few years, it's simply not enough to win the close games when you need them the most.

    If a player on offense is our BPA@17, do we pick defense instead because we want to replenish that unit?

  4. #104
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,859
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    team lost Casey, Harrison, Lewis and Foote is aging, along with the Safties; 3rd rounder Spence may never play again.... it's not as if they haven't tried with the offense as well - the oline is pretty revamped, they got (and lost) mendy and wallace over the last few years, as well as the bust Sweed... high picks have happened on both sides of the ball - it's just that they were more significant on defense this year, and therefore, it needs to be replenished...
    The problem on defense is complicated by the fact that we have a Def Coord who can't or won't modify "his system" to facilitate getting younger talent on the field sooner and developing. The fact we have hung onto these veterans past their "sell by" dates is because LeBeau is more comfortable having a player who knows the 14th variation of a play versus giving a potentially more talented younger player on the field with their superior athletic ability.

    It's not like we have had a dominant defense the past three season with decreasing sacks and INTs every year from a defense supposedly designed to create pressure and turnovers.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #105
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,588
    We already have a top rated defense so do we put more into that unit to maintain that top rated level, while the offense struggles to score points? What is wrong in trying to improve the the weakest part of the team, did anyone check to see where our offense is ranked in redzone scoring?
    Don't want to rag on you, but this is a very short-sighted, "what happened last year" viewpoint. Fact is, during Tomlin's reign, we've seen a complete revamp of the OL, mostly featuring 2 1st & 2 2nd round picks selected by Tomlin, we've had a 1st round RB, 2 3rd round WR's & scored well on a lucky 6th rounder & 1 3rd round TE. These guys are NOW entering their best years. What will drafting another young Offensive player do, other than increase the amount of future money being spent on 1 side of the football field?


    On Defense, we've had 2 1st round DE's, a 1st round ILB & 2 2nd round OLB's coupled with 1 3rd round CB. No NT. No Safety. And an opening at the 2nd ILB spot.


    Teams don't draft for 'this year'. They draft for next year, the year after that. The Offense doesn't need MORE young players of high quality- it needs the ones it has already to develop. The Defense, on the other hand, has significantly older, important starters entering the final stages of their careers. They might not start in 2013, but without these high Defensive draft picks coming in now, the Steelers will be scrambling to fill holes all over the Defense sooner than you'd like to think.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  6. #106
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Here is another fans view point ( NOT MINE) but similar.

    I find it absolutely baffling that a knowledgeable Steeler fan can look at our current team and not say a resounding “Offense!”. For the last two years we have ranked 20th in the NFL on offense. And we’re losing our #1 WR, our #1 RB, and our #1 TE. What the hell, guys? Have you looked at our opening day roster? Brown, Sanders, Dwyer, Paulsen? Yeah, there’s some red zone threats right there.

    A lot of fans have been begging for a tall receiver with strong hands who can go up and get the ball in traffic even when covered and hang on after contact. News flash people… That’s a TE. The great thing about Eifert (for those of you who have not watched him) is he can ALSO split out as a WR. This means when Miller comes back we now have a dual red zone receiving threat. But that’s not all. With Eifert you also get blocking help on the edges which: (a) protects our franchise quarterback. (b) assists out young OT’s while they develop/improve. opens more lanes for our sorry ass running game.

    I’m sorry but anyone who doesn’t view Eifert as a high value pick either has never watched him play, or doesn’t understand scoring in today’s NFL. TE’s are receivers now, people. Under Haley’s new offense, Heath was having the best season of his career until Ben got hurt.

    Meanwhile over the last two years we’ve ranked 1st and 2nd in the NFL on defense for two straight years and fans are in pure panic mode.

  7. #107
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Here is another fans view point ( NOT MINE) but similar.

    I find it absolutely baffling that a knowledgeable Steeler fan can look at our current team and not say a resounding “Offense!”. For the last two years we have ranked 20th in the NFL on offense. And we’re losing our #1 WR, our #1 RB, and our #1 TE. What the hell, guys? Have you looked at our opening day roster? Brown, Sanders, Dwyer, Paulsen? Yeah, there’s some red zone threats right there.

    A lot of fans have been begging for a tall receiver with strong hands who can go up and get the ball in traffic even when covered and hang on after contact. News flash people… That’s a TE. The great thing about Eifert (for those of you who have not watched him) is he can ALSO split out as a WR. This means when Miller comes back we now have a dual red zone receiving threat. But that’s not all. With Eifert you also get blocking help on the edges which: (a) protects our franchise quarterback. (b) assists out young OT’s while they develop/improve. opens more lanes for our sorry ass running game.

    I’m sorry but anyone who doesn’t view Eifert as a high value pick either has never watched him play, or doesn’t understand scoring in today’s NFL. TE’s are receivers now, people. Under Haley’s new offense, Heath was having the best season of his career until Ben got hurt.

    Meanwhile over the last two years we’ve ranked 1st and 2nd in the NFL on defense for two straight years and fans are in pure panic mode.
    Heath and Paulson will be the receiving tight ends.

    I would be absolutely SHOCKED if Eifert is the pick. If we go offense in Round 1, it should be DeAndre Hopkins.

  8. #108
    Pro Bowler thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,032
    [QUOTE=supersteeler;557051]

    What is wrong in trying to improve the the weakest part of the team, did anyone check to see where our offense is ranked in redzone scoring?
    QUOTE]

    Red zone efficiency for scoring TD's

    '12 -55% (12th in nfl)
    '11 - 50%
    '10 - 52%
    '09 - 48%
    '08 - 55%
    '07 - 59%
    '06 - 50%

    I'm actually pretty wide open on 1st round picks for offense except RB and C. If Jonathan Cooper fell to us or a top WR, or TE I would be fine with those picks. I don't think one of the three top tackles falls to 17 though. It doesn't have to be said we can always improve our red zone efficiency. Playcalling as well as execution could be improved imo. If offense is picked #1 though, I would go defense for the remaining majority of the draft if the board falls that way.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

  9. #109
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,113
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Heath and Paulson will be the receiving tight ends.

    I would be absolutely SHOCKED if Eifert is the pick. If we go offense in Round 1, it should be DeAndre Hopkins.
    When do you expect Heath back and ready to go?

  10. #110
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Heath and Paulson will be the receiving tight ends.

    I would be absolutely SHOCKED if Eifert is the pick. If we go offense in Round 1, it should be DeAndre Hopkins.


    If Tyler isn't picked, I would have no problem with DeAndre Hopkins. He just might be the best WR in the class, good hands and pyhsical fighting for the ball against defenders. He's good in the short to intermediate routes something that might fit in well with Haley's system. At worse he could be our third receiver and get playing time his first year, and he's a red zone threat at least in college he was scoring 18 td's and around 1,400 yrds that's good production I like.


    Thor,
    Thanks for checking the red zone efficency.

    Points Per Game average: 22nd. *
    Yrds. Per game: 21st. *


    Rush yrds. per game: 26th *
    Last edited by supersteeler; 04-02-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •