Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 149

Thread: Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

  1. #61
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    What are his qualifications? Almost every NFL job he's ever gotten is due to knowing the right people.

    Don't ignore the facts children.

    DEAL in them.
    Haley has worked in a scouting department, he's been a WR coach for a few teams, he's been an offensive coordinator and a head coach in the NFL. Evidently, more football people than the Steelers believe he can get the job done. He may have received his start because of his father just like many other people that get jobs in their chosen field. I'm not sure who he knew at the Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys or Arizona Cardinals and he managed to interview well enough to get hired by those teams. He's qualified to do the job IMO, what he probably doesn't do which irks you to no end is give Ben the ball and tell him to throw it 50 times a game from a 3WR, 1TE, 1RB set.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  2. #62
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    I'm not sure who he knew at the Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys or Arizona Cardinals and he managed to interview well enough to get hired by those teams
    Parcells was in Dallas.

    I THINK he had no connections to the Bears.

    He and Whiz were assistants together on the Jets staff in 2000.

    Like I said, a guy with connections, nothing else.

    What irks me about Haley is he'd rather kiss Art's ass and appease him, instead of worrying about winning.

  3. #63
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Parcells was in Dallas.

    I THINK he had no connections to the Bears.

    He and Whiz were assistants together on the Jets staff in 2000.

    Like I said, a guy with connections, nothing else.

    What irks me about Haley is he'd rather kiss Art's ass and appease him, instead of worrying about winning.
    Every assistant coach in the league is hired because they worked with a coach in the past or were recommended for the job by some one who has worked the individual. You make it sound like Haley is the only assistant coach or coach to ever be hired by a team because he knew a coach, director of player personnel or worked with a coach prior. If they didn't do that, when new coaches are hired they would simply keep all the assistants in place and start coaching, that never happens. The first thing a new coach does is fire the existing staff and then go hire his friends, colleagues and former coaches with whom he has worked.

    Haley is qualified, that doesn't mean he won't fail, but he is qualified.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  4. #64
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    What makes him qualified? Do tell.

    Funny how no one can answer that.

  5. #65
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    What makes him qualified? Do tell.

    Funny how no one can answer that.
    I don't know what you considered qualified, but lets try this again.

    Haley has worked in a scouting department, he's been a WR coach for a few teams, he's been an offensive coordinator and a head coach in the NFL. Evidently, more football people than the Steelers believe he can get the job done. He may have received his start because of his father just like many other people that get jobs in their chosen field. I'm not sure who he knew at the Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys or Arizona Cardinals and he managed to interview well enough to get hired by those teams.
    You say he isn't qualified, that's fine I can't change that, teams in the NFL say you're wrong and for some reason I believe their (NFL teams) qualifications to hire coaches outweigh your qualifications to hire coaches or determine if a coach is qualified.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  6. #66
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    What makes him qualified? Do tell.

    Funny how no one can answer that.
    from Wikipedia:

    In 2007, Haley joined Ken Whisenhunt's coaching staff for the Arizona Cardinals as the team's offensive coordinator. Haley did not start calling plays for the Cardinals until late in the season. The Cardinals finished in the top half of the NFL in multiple offensive categories.

    Under Haley’s guidance, the Cardinals offense in 2008 was one of the league’s most innovative and explosive units. Arizona tied for third in the league in scoring, registering a franchise-record 427 points (26.7 ppg). The Cardinals were fourth in total offense, averaging 365.8 yards per game. Arizona was second in the league in passing offense (292.1 ypg) and ranked sixth in the NFL with 20.5 first downs per game.

    The Cardinals finished the season with a 9-7 record and a playoff berth after winning the NFC West Division title. The Cardinals went on to appear in their first Super Bowl in franchise history after the team scored more than 30 points in each of its three playoff games.

    In Super Bowl XLIII, the Cardinals offense played the NFL's top-ranked Pittsburgh Steelers defense.Trailing 17–7 at halftime, the Cardinals offense fought back after a 13-point deficit and led the game 23–20 with just over two minutes remaining. The Cardinals lost 27–23 in the game's final seconds.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Haley

  7. #67
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    That still doesn't explain what qualifies him for the job.

    You guys try to tell me it's not because of his Dad but yet you can't offer anything to dispute it.

    Yeah, his AZ offense had three WRs with 1000 yards playing in the worst division in the NFC (6-0 in their trash division, 3-7 vs. the rest of the NFL).

    Why not run that offense in Pittsburgh then? Especially with the talent at WR this team had?

    Because he's nothing but Art's puppet, a yes-man, a spineless coward.

    And this team suffers as a result of it.
    Last edited by Siggy00; 04-01-2013 at 12:52 AM.

  8. #68
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    That still doesn't explain what qualifies him for the job.

    You guys try to tell me it's not because of his Dad but yet you can't offer anything to dispute it.
    okay, let me try it one more time:

    Under Haley’s guidance, the Cardinals offense in 2008 was one of the league’s most innovative and explosive units. Arizona tied for third in the league in scoring, registering a franchise-record 427 points (26.7 ppg). The Cardinals were fourth in total offense, averaging 365.8 yards per game. Arizona was second in the league in passing offense (292.1 ypg) and ranked sixth in the NFL with 20.5 first downs per game.

  9. #69
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    What qualified him for the job? You are listing stats. Which has NOTHING to do with Haley's qualifications.

    6-0 in the worst division in football.

    5-8 vs. the rest of the NFL.

    He's a freaking genius!
    Last edited by Siggy00; 04-01-2013 at 01:22 AM.

  10. #70
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    What qualified him for the job? You are listing stats. Which has NOTHING to do with Haley's qualifications.

    6-0 in the worst division in football.

    5-8 vs. the rest of the NFL.

    He's a freaking genius!
    while the 2008 Arizona Cardinals offense under Todd Haley ranked 3rd out of 32 NFL teams in points scored, the defense ranked 28th out of 32 teams in points allowed.

    do you wanna blame Haley for that too?
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 04-01-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •