Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Really?? Paulson and Spaeth?? That line made me choke a little on my smoothie.
    yes.. REALLY. They also have faith in guys named Gilbert and Adams on the OL

Life as a Steeler fan is much healthier when you deal with reality.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yes.. REALLY. They also have faith in guys named Gilbert and Adams on the OL

Life as a Steeler fan is much healthier when you deal with reality.
    You mean the Gilbert and Adams that are probably better at their positions than Spaeth and Paulson? Yes, reality is a great thing.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I think there are 2 or 3 TE's in this draft who are very close to Eifert in terms of talent. I would prefer picking a "safe" stud in round 1 and then getting a TE in a later round.

Eifert has turned into Gronk over night... I think it's fools gold.
    Add in the fact that ND (in general) has been over the past several years one of the most overhyped college football programs in the country.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

When scouts evaluate prospects the college they play for isn't the criteria on top of the list, rather the production of the player and where he fits in with the team. When the Rams drafted the bus, they drafted him for his talent and we seen how that worked out, glad we were able make the trade with them aquiring Jerome even if Notre Dame is overhyped.

As I stated there are other prospects the Steelers may have on their short list in the early rounds, Tyler might not be on that list at all, but If we do draft him all the anti-Eifert people will fall in love with him and be glad.

Legend

User Info Menu

You mean the Gilbert and Adams that are probably better at their positions than Spaeth and Paulson? Yes, reality is a great thing.
    Gilbert sucks IMO... and Adams is average but I have faith he will get better.

I noticed you used "probably" lol. Yes, reality IS a great thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    When scouts evaluate prospects the college they play for isn't the criteria on top of the list, rather the production of the player and where he fits in with the team. When the Rams drafted the bus, they drafted him for his talent and we seen how that worked out, glad we were able make the trade with them aquiring Jerome even if Notre Dame is overhyped.

As I stated there are other prospects the Steelers may have on their short list in the early rounds, Tyler might not be on that list at all, but If we do draft him all the anti-Eifert people will fall in love with him and be glad.
    I don't think anyone is anti-Eifert to the point they will be disappointed if we draft him. Like I said earlier.. I think the most disappointment will come from Eifert fans who have unrealistic expectations.

As far as ND is concerned... yes, the name means something. You get to see them every week on NBC, the names are said over and over and as we have recently seen.. most of the draft picks from ND are over drafted and don't live up to the hype. Clausen, Quinn.. and just about every WR the last 4 years (hell, even I thought a few would be better NFL prospects) end up being average.

ND players look really good when you put on highlights.. but then you realize most of the highlights are against Navy, BYU, Michigan State and Michigan... and all these schools have been mediocre for the last few years.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Spaeth was actually ranked the best pass blocking TE in the NFL last year....Gilbert and Adams were not ranked best at anything in the NFL last year....or maybe Gilbert was ranked 'best and destroying his teammates knee and ankle ligaments by getting blown up and falling on them....
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gilbert sucks IMO... and Adams is average but I have faith he will get better.

I noticed you used "probably" lol. Yes, reality IS a great thing.
    Well, you can see what I think of Paulson and Spaeth...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Steelers scored 27 TD's last season, 16 of those were scored by Wallace and Miller leaving 11 TD's scored by the rest of the team. Anyway you slice it that production has to be made up somewhere. If we had problems scoring enough points with Wallace and Miller here what do you expect it's going to be without them?

Miller will be back but when, and will he have the same production he had last season recovering from his injury? I don't think anyone can answer that with certainty, even when he recovers it takes time to get back in game shape. We seen that happen with Harrison and Troy, it took them time to get back to form.

The fact is this offense needs help, drafting Eifert won't be a cure all but IMO he could help our offense. No matter who we draft, if the Steelers don't fix their inability to put enough points on the board it's going to be a long season and most likely out of the playoffs for a second year in a row.