Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    So the LA Times reporting it is speculation
    Yes it is and they even say so.

Quote Originally Posted by LATimes
    The Steelers surely noticed last December when New England offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien tore into Tom Brady on the sideline after the Patriots quarterback was picked off by Washington in the end zone.
    See the words "surely noticed" in bold. That tells me and every other person who read the article that they have no idea whether the Steelers noticed or even cared about what happens in New England.

That is pure speculation.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

I just don't see Eifert being the pick.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I just don't see Eifert being the pick.
    Your not alone, most mocks I seen have other players and positions in their mocks. IMHO in order to get immediate help the best chance is to go offense, if we're thinking future then defense may be the right decision.
    In our most recent drafts in round one not one defensive player was able to start or have extended playing time their first year. On offense several players had at least extended playing time year one, including Santonio Holmes, Mendy,Pouncey and if It wasn't for injury DeCastro would of started too.
    The way I see it Ben needs more help on the offense, it doesn't have to be Tyler Eifert but I thought he would be more NFL ready than most other positions on offense and capable of starting.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I've seen times where the steelers had 8o yard drives and score, and times they had short field position and failed to take advantage of it.
    Our defense kept most games close enough to win, its about damn time the offense quit relying on the defense and rely on themselves to win the game.
    Aren't allowed. Have to run the ball. Keep the defense rested.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers asked an aging Defense to play at a high level for too long. They've started to slow over the lest 3 seasons.

The Offense, on the other hand, has been revitalised with young players across the field.

Time to do the same for the Defense.

A NT, ILB, OLB, CB & 2 Safeties make more sense than a back-up TE on a team with 5 TE's currently on the books.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

Starting slow has nothing to do with their age.

It's the coach running it.

Same problems that have existed for YEARS since his return in 2004.

Second most 4th quarter/game winning drives given up since 2007.

They haven't been "old" since Tomlin's first day people.

Look at the facts, not excuses.
    Last edited by Siggy00; 04-01-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The Steelers asked an aging Defense to play at a high level for too long. They've started to slow over the lest 3 seasons.

The Offense, on the other hand, has been revitalised with young players across the field.

A NT, ILB, OLB, CB & 2 Safeties make more sense than a back-up TE on a team with 5 TE's currently on the books.
    I completely agree Chadman.

and congratulations btw, I noticed Schiavone won a race!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

They already tried to address defense with Hood, Heyward, Worlids, Allen, Carter, and others, outside of Allen how much production did we see.
    Yeah the defense needs to be addressed but why does it have to be round one? We need playmakers and when you say 5 TE 's on the roster outside of Miller who gets in the end zone?

How many of your defensive picks help us right now? I'm still waiting for Hood and Heyward and they were 1st round picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I completely agree Chadman.

and congratulations btw, I noticed Schiavone won a race!
    <- This was Chadman's face as Schiavone won her first...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    They already tried to address defense with Hood, Heyward, Worlids, Allen, Carter, and others, outside of Allen how much production did we see.
    Yeah the defense needs to be addressed but why does it have to be round one? We need playmakers and when you say 5 TE 's on the roster outside of Miller who gets in the end zone?

How many of your defensive picks help us right now? I'm still waiting for Hood and Heyward and they were 1st round picks.
    Let's be fair- Hood has started for going on 3 seasons for a Defense that ranks in the Top 5 annually. Worilds has sat behind Harrison & Woodley for 3 years- hardly an indication of Worilds play as more of an indication of the skills of those in front of him. Heyward is what? A year from starting? Keisel is a UFA next season, so Heyward will step in as a starter there too. Why even mention Carter- a 6th round 'hope' pick that was always entrenched 4 deep? Drafting 6th round players is hardly preparing for the future- they are hit-and-miss products.

The difference between the Offensive players getting on the field & Defensive players getting on the field isn't ability. It's opportunity. The Steelers OL was SO bad for years, that rookie & 1st year players were outplaying veterans. The WR's- Brown, Wallace & Sanders- would not be starting over Ward & Holmes if both were here in their 'primes', but opportunity (Holmes being traded away, Ward being too old to produce) opened the door.

Thing is, Hampton is now gone. Harrison is now gone. Foote & Keisel are not far from gone. Polamalu & Clark are on the end of their careers. Taylor doesn't have 5 years left.

The time to prepare for post-Polamalu/Clark/Foote/Keisel/Taylor is not AFTER they have gone, but before.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE