Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore applauded by scouts at pro day

Backup

User Info Menu

Signing A. Bradshaw will allow the steelers to address some of their bigger needs in the first few rounds. If Belle is off the board, I'd like to see us give Lattimore a shot in the mid rounds.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Well Shawn who I believe might be the most talented talent evaluator says Bell is the number 2 RB in this draft. So, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
    if Bell played for Ohio State instead of Michigan State I might take your word for it...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Administrator

User Info Menu

If you haven't read this story yet, you should:[url]http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap1000000140463/article/marcus-lattimore-plans-to-prove-he-can-play-in-nfl-this-year?icampaign=ATL_newsdriver[/url]
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Starter

User Info Menu

What a great great story regardless of how he fits with the Steel

Starter

User Info Menu

If I remember correctly Gore blew both his knees @ Miami and has had a solid career. Then there is the AP story. Maybe Spence could heal from the nerve damage. Fingers crossed..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know there is many Lattimore fans in here. The only close comparison of injury is McGahee and I don't believe he dislocate his knee. McGahee missed his entire rookie season rehabbing. Now, McGahee came back to have a very productive career. Hopefully the same happens for Lattimore. No matter what Lattimore does leading up to the draft as far as physical activity...Don't forget one important thing. Contact. There is no measure of how thebody will respond under contact & collision. That is what the mystery is. He could run in the 4.4's with 1.5 splits and jump 38" but the football question can not be answered. What happens when that knee has to take on contact direct or when he is in a pile and the collisions are coming at his legs from all sides. That won't be answered until he straps them up. The last two years that question was asked of his knees on the field...They didn't answer correctly. It is a great story, he seems to be a great person with a big heart, but that isn't enough to protect him. I hope for the best for this kid.

Legend

User Info Menu

no way... take Eifert!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I know there is many Lattimore fans in here. The only close comparison of injury is McGahee and I don't believe he dislocate his knee. McGahee missed his entire rookie season rehabbing. Now, McGahee came back to have a very productive career. Hopefully the same happens for Lattimore. No matter what Lattimore does leading up to the draft as far as physical activity...Don't forget one important thing. Contact. There is no measure of how thebody will respond under contact & collision. That is what the mystery is. He could run in the 4.4's with 1.5 splits and jump 38" but the football question can not be answered. What happens when that knee has to take on contact direct or when he is in a pile and the collisions are coming at his legs from all sides. That won't be answered until he straps them up. The last two years that question was asked of his knees on the field...They didn't answer correctly. It is a great story, he seems to be a great person with a big heart, but that isn't enough to protect him. I hope for the best for this kid.
    His first ACL injury to his right knee (i think) doesn't bother me. He came back from that last year and he was the same Lattimore. It's his left knee, the gruesome injury most of us witnessed or saw replays of that concerns me. The only other concern I have is whether Lattimore is "prone" to these injuries or were they (especially the 2nd one) a freak incident.

A+ character
    A+ leader
    A+ talent

BIG QUESTION: Is he prone to these type of injuries.

I thought we orginally could get him in the 5th and then it was the 4th. For some strange reason, I think some team (hunch: 49ers or Pats) might pick him in the 3rd.

I don't think we have that luxory because of the enormous amount of glaring holes we have on this team. I would still draft him in the 4th though.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I've been mocking him to us with an early day 3 pick in every mock draft I've made this offseason. That may be wishful thinking on my part at this point (but I think I'll leave him there in the 4th in my mock for the time being because of wishful thinking). I think he's a special kid and a special talent (in a week crop of RB's year, a healthy Lattimore blows the doors off Lacy, Bell, Ball, Bernard, etc.). Even if we get literally zero production out of the kid as a rookie, I would still have no problem taking him with a day two pick. When weighing risk/reward, I much prefer motivated character guys with injury history to talented guys with history of off-the-field issues.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    His first ACL injury to his right knee (i think) doesn't bother me. He came back from that last year and he was the same Lattimore. It's his left knee, the gruesome injury most of us witnessed or saw replays of that concerns me. The only other concern I have is whether Lattimore is "prone" to these injuries or were they (especially the 2nd one) a freak incident.

A+ character
    A+ leader
    A+ talent

BIG QUESTION: Is he prone to these type of injuries.

I thought we orginally could get him in the 5th and then it was the 4th. For some strange reason, I think some team (hunch: 49ers or Pats) might pick him in the 3rd.

I don't think we have that luxory because of the enormous amount of glaring holes we have on this team. I would still draft him in the 4th though.
    Wouldn't one of those glaring holes be running back?

Dwyer needs a blow too often for my liking
    None of the others really took the bull by the horns and made the job his.

Ben is a much better quarterback when the Steelers can run the ball effectively. I doubt any team worries about the Steelers' "stable" of backs as they sit right now.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount