Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flippy Mock 1.0 - 2013 Championship Edition

Legend

User Info Menu

Flippy Mock 1.0 - 2013 Championship Edition

1. Barkevious Mingo - OLB - 6'4" - 241lbs - Lots of folks seem to think that Jones will fall into our laps, but his production looks just too good for me to think that's possible. I know Colbert will never admit we need anything, but we pretty much need a pass rush and Mingo's athleticism jumps off the chart. Not sure this is a pick that Cowher/Colbert would have made, but I just have a feeling Mingo is the type of kid Tomlin would fall in love with his potential a la Timmons.

2. Da'Rick Rodgers - WR - 6'3" - 220lbs - I'm mixed on this pick. Kid's got some serious talent, but he's got off field issues too. I think the Steelers are in a bit of desperation mode and will take more chances than usual. I'm actually thinking we see Colbert/Tomlin swinging for the fences on quite a few picks this year - going for guys with huge upside or the possibility to fail miserably.

3. David Amerson - CB - NC State - 6'1 - 205lbs - He fits the mold of a prototypical Steelers DB except for 1 thing, the kid can play the ball. He had a down year. But had he played like he did the previos year, he'd probably be a first round pick. We do need a long term solution once Ike's gone. But more importantly, we need a DB that can create turnovers. This kid plays the ball so well, I think he could even play FS and become one of the biggest ball hawks in the game.

4. Shmarko Thomas - SS - Syracuse - 5'9 - 215lbs - Small safety that I think slips because of his size, but he's productive. He's got experience playing S, LB, CB in college and I have a feeling the Steelers coaches would like that versatility. I really think his size is the only thing holding him back from being ranked much higher.

5. Marcus Lattimore - RB - 5'11" - 221lbs - If he's available in the 5th round like many are saying, you have to take a flyer on him, right? I don't really like any of the top backs in this draft. He might be one of the few that have real potential. Not sure he'll even be ready year 1, but he's got so much talent.

6. William Gholston - DE - Mich St - 6'6" - 280lbs - Big Powerful kid that I'd take a chance on to see if we can turn him into a long term 3-4 DE.

6. Brad Wing - P - LSU - We can finally get Chadman an Aussie. Plus we might benefit from a good P more than any other position. So what that he's failed a drug test. We need a punter.

7. Jake Stoneburner - TE - Ohio St - 6'4" - 250lbs - Seems like he could fit the mold of a versatile H Back that can line up all over the place and create matchup problems. He's definitely the type of TE Arians would have wanted, so I'm gonna assume he influenced Colbert into looking for this type of guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

6. Brad Wing - P - LSU - We can finally get Chadman an Aussie. Plus we might benefit from a good P more than any other position. So what that he's failed a drug test. We need a punter.
    Of all the Aussies you could get (ok, all 2 of them) you had to go pick the one that'd make Chadman cry if drafted...

just say "NO" to drafting kickers & punters!
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

That said, every other pick looks quite good. Seems that most fans will be looking at the same type of players- if not the same actual players.

We could all be close, or all tragically wrong..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

I like it flippy, a very well-thought out mock draft!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Very nice. Will be curious to see what Mingo can do in 2015 when Lebeau lets him play. IMO he is a boom or bust player.

Wouldn't touch Lattimore or Wing though. I think you are going to have to use that Round 5 pick on Stonebruner if you want him and we need a TE.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Not a bad draft Flip, if Sanders leaves, then burn one of the 3rds on Stedman Bailey and you're set.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Of all the Aussies you could get (ok, all 2 of them) you had to go pick the one that'd make Chadman cry if drafted...

just say "NO" to drafting kickers & punters!
    He once kicked a ball 73 yards.

Every time Butler gets a chance to do that, he coffin corners the ball out of bounds on his own side of the field.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am a big fan of Da'Rick..I like that pick. He brings nastiness on the table which Steelers WRs group lack. Brown and Sanders are too soft and afraid to get hit..

Not a fan of Mingo though. I am not sure he can play immediately. Also an OLB in Rd 1 would mean Jason Worilds is a bust..One just cannot draft backups in Rd 2. One would expect them to start in 2-3 years. Now is the time for Jason Worlids to take on James Harrison position. Draft an OLB in mid-round/late round as a backup.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Im not sold on Mingo, but I believe he will be long gone by 17. I don't see the Steelers using a 2nd on a WR with head issues...maybe a 4th. I do like the Gholston, Lattimore, and Stoneburner picks.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Im not sold on Mingo, but I believe he will be long gone by 17. I don't see the Steelers using a 2nd on a WR with head issues...maybe a 4th. I do like the Gholston, Lattimore, and Stoneburner picks.
    I'm not sold on him either. And that's why I think he might be on the board when we pick and I don't think Tomlin would pass on him.