Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Today is the day that changes the NFL Draft for all teams!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    If I were gonna take a QB, pro day wouldn't sway me much... just saying...
    I agree with you.

Jamarcus Russell had one of the greatest pro days ever, and we all know how his career turned out.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

We’ll find out in four weeks whether any team or owner feels that way about the next possibly not-so-great USC quarterback.

Damn that's cold... pretty unprofessional if you ask me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree with you.

Jamarcus Russell had one of the greatest pro days ever, and we all know how his career turned out.
    dude had all the tools but he was lazy, addicted to syrup and couldn't formulate a sentence...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    dude had all the tools but he was lazy, addicted to syrup and couldn't formulate a sentence...
    that's right, I forgot about that.

what was the name of that syrup that he liked to drink?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that's right, I forgot about that.

what was the name of that syrup that he liked to drink?
    syzurp.. aka purple drank

prescription cough syrup with codeine and a mixer beverage such Mountain Dew, Kool-Aid or fruit punch.

Side effects include hallucination, seizures, drowsiness... and EXTREME constipation.

Legend

User Info Menu

syzurp.. aka purple drank

prescription cough syrup with codeine and a mixer beverage such Mountain Dew, Kool-Aid or fruit punch.

Side effects include hallucination, seizures, drowsiness... and EXTREME constipation.

thanks felt, you would think when you signed a contract for the kind of $ Jamarcus did that you could find some better drugs than "purple drank"...

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

ยป Cosell's lukewarm view on Matt Barkley is no state secret. After grading the USC quarterback as a fourth-round talent (and he's not alone on that front), Cosell wrote Thursday on Yahoo! Sports that Barkley "will struggle to be anything more than a mid-level starter in the NFL. He just does not have enough arm. His ball tended to hang and lose energy on the back end, even on 18-25 yard throws ... Overall, he's an average athlete without the kind of lower body explosiveness that you'd like to see, the kind that defines a quarterback like Drew Brees."

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000154928/article/nfl-draft-buzz-49ers-dolphins-looking-to-trade-up[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

well... here is another article with a few NFL scouts throwing dirt on that awesome arm strength of Barkley's.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--2013-qb-draft-class-may-be-nfl-s-most-lowly-regarded-in-more-than-a-decade-060530895.html[/url]

excerpt from an AFC scout.

Meanwhile, Barkley has been taken to task for lack of arm strength on key throws.

"The kid has all the intangibles you could imagine," one of the AFC executives said. "You couldn't ask for a better kid or a harder worker. But he just doesn't have the arm on the deep stuff."

More specifically, scouts have said that Barkley doesn't have the ability to fire passes to tight spots on the field, relying mostly on timing to land throws. With that in mind, Barkley sounds like Pennington.

"That's the comparison I would make," the AFC executive said. "That's what people said about Pennington way back then."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

well... here is another article with a few NFL scouts throwing dirt on that awesome arm strength of Barkley's.

[URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--2013-qb-draft-class-may-be-nfl-s-most-lowly-regarded-in-more-than-a-decade-060530895.html[/URL]

excerpt from an AFC scout.

Meanwhile, Barkley has been taken to task for lack of arm strength on key throws.

"The kid has all the intangibles you could imagine," one of the AFC executives said. "You couldn't ask for a better kid or a harder worker. But he just doesn't have the arm on the deep stuff."

More specifically, scouts have said that Barkley doesn't have the ability to fire passes to tight spots on the field, relying mostly on timing to land throws. With that in mind, Barkley sounds like Pennington.

"That's the comparison I would make," the AFC executive said. "That's what people said about Pennington way back then."
    How about Drew Brees? How's his arm strength? Joe Montana? Steve Young? Fran Tarkenton? Elite arm strength is highly over-rated. What is more important is the system a QB is in. Put Barkley in the right system like Brees, where the ball comes out quickly, and he will thrive.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    How about Drew Brees? How's his arm strength? Joe Montana? Steve Young? Fran Tarkenton? Elite arm strength is highly over-rated. What is more important is the system a QB is in. Put Barkley in the right system like Brees, where the ball comes out quickly, and he will thrive.
    On this I agree... I said long ago in this thread he needs to be in a West Coast system...

he's gonna suck tho... sorry. lol