Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Today is the day that changes the NFL Draft for all teams!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Have you seen a mock draft that has Barkley in the first round lately? Has him in the top 15? Top 10? You will after today.
    I hope you're right, that will move one more player we may want to us at #17.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Haden, Salsbury, Peete, Marinovich, Palmer, Cassell, Sanchez, Booty, and Leinart all USC quarterbacks that didn't quite have the splash expected in the NFL. I'm not certain what happens from USC golden boy to average or below average NFL quarterback, but it happens like clockwork. I suspect Barkley will be the same.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Haden, Salsbury, Peete, Marinovich, Palmer, Cassell, Sanchez, Booty, and Leinart all USC quarterbacks that didn't quite have the splash expected in the NFL. I'm not certain what happens from USC golden boy to average or below average NFL quarterback, but it happens like clockwork. I suspect Barkley will be the same.

Pappy
    I wouldn't necessarily lump Carson Palmer in there...he was fine until his knee injury...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ESPN just posted this...

Final 2 years in college for passes of 20 yards or more

Matt Barkley------40.8% completion percentage and 24 TD's and 2 INT's
    Andrew Luck------43.1% completion percentage and 13 TD's and 5 INT's
    Robert Griffen III--38.2% completion percentage and 33 TD's and 5 Int's

I think that speaks volume for accuracy.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    Did they all run the same offense? Did they all start 4 years and as a true freshman?

As a result I suspect Barkley wont be the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    It is all about his arm strength. This time last year all had no questions about his arm strength. He was seen as a lock for the first QB drafted overall and some thought maybe even the first player taken. He hurt his shoulder this year and now he is seen as not having NFL arm strength. Teams want to see what he does today in his throws outside the deep hash. Me personally...I already know that outcome.
    You should really consider becoming an NFL scout.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Barkley ran an unofficial 40 at 4.87. Not bad and that was better than most thought he would do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Mark Sanchez isn't exactly the measuring stick for QB excellence that NFL GM's are looking for.
    Has any USC QB ever been the measuring stick for QB excellence in the NFL. Stay away from USC QBs.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Has any USC QB ever been the measuring stick for QB excellence in the NFL. Stay away from USC QBs.
    Has any USC QB had the success as Matt Barkley for 4 years and as a true freshman?

If your answer is no and we know it is, then how can you compare them? Oh I get it..it's because they all went to USC. Great insight Ovi. Real Man of Genius there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Oh and has any Baylor QB ever been the measuring stick fro excellence in the NFL before RGIII? UCLA before Troy Aikman? Louisiana State before Terry Bradshaw? Cal before Aaron Rodgers? Tennessee before Peyton Manning?

Get the point?