Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Today is the day that changes the NFL Draft for all teams!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    How about Drew Brees? How's his arm strength? Joe Montana? Steve Young? Fran Tarkenton? Elite arm strength is highly over-rated. What is more important is the system a QB is in. Put Barkley in the right system like Brees, where the ball comes out quickly, and he will thrive.
    You said:
    "He is going to show he has a lot more arm strength than many had thought."

Seems to me that this DID NOT happen.

You can argue the relative importance of arm strength, but that was not your original contention.

We knew he was accurate, his arm is nothing special. Only "surprise" I gather is that he is faster than we thought.

I hope some team is stupid enough to draft him early as you contend, but I do not see any basis to change ones opinion based on his pro day.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-05-2013 at 03:57 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

He also said his pro day was going to change EVERYTHING!!! LOL

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You said:
    "He is going to show he has a lot more arm strength than many had thought."

Seems to me that this DID NOT happen.

You can argue the relative importance of arm strength, but that was not your original contention.

We knew he was accurate, his arm is nothing special. Only "surprise" I gather is that he is faster than we thought.

I hope some team is stupid enough to draft him early as you contend, but I do not see any basis to change ones opinion based on his pro day.
    Personally from what I saw and heard from the likes f Mayock while the pro day was going on was that he did show that he had above average arm strength. Elite? No but above average. He deliberately threw into the wind and of all his passes he had two that fluttered yet still make it to his receiver. And on the deep out his arm strength was solid.

Some in the media have been trying to make it out that he has below average arm strength. That is far from the case.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He also said his pro day was going to change EVERYTHING!!! LOL
    That really has yet to be determined. If he gets drafted in the top 15 or top 10 then his pro day did exactly. that.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash