Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Today is the day that changes the NFL Draft for all teams!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I dont think this is the same here. We are talking about a QB who had a shoulder injury. Apples to Oranges. Did scouts like his tape last year? You bet they did.
    Let me ask you a question Dub. Would you take him at 17 if he falls?

I still happen to think he will go top 10 along with Geno Smith. I see him going to the Cardinals.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Let me ask you a question Dub. Would you take him at 17 if he falls?

I still happen to think he will go top 10 along with Geno Smith. I see him going to the Cardinals.
    No the Steelers have a QB. Now if if Ben were traded...yes I would draft him 17. Then draft Eddie Lacy in rounds two and watch Barkley flourish in a run first, smash mouth, play action offense.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

By the way Barkley's 40 time of 4.87 is very impressive considering it is a very slow track they are running on. How slow? Robert Woods ran a 4.51 at the combine and today ran a 4.8.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No the Steelers have a QB. Now if if Ben were traded...yes I would draft him 17. Then draft Eddie Lacy in rounds two and watch Barkley flourish in a run first, smash mouth, play action offense.
    Why? You believe him to be a top 10 QB. What if he is the next Aaron Rodgers? Ben is getting old and his decline will come quickly as the injuries continue to pile up.

You don't pass on a QB you believe to be a top 10 pick if you think he is special.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Why? You believe him to be a top 10 QB. What if he is the next Aaron Rodgers? Ben is getting old and his decline will come quickly as the injuries continue to pile up.

You don't pass on a QB you believe to be a top 10 pick if you think he is special.
    Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with it Rob but I think the iron is still hot for the Steelers. I think they can get another championship now with Ben and it would help to use that pick on an immediate need.

Legend

User Info Menu

feltdizz, talking to you about something you really dont know much about is silly. You dont even stay on topic. The issue has been that Barkley has below average arm strength. You have shown me a report from last year that says he has adequate to slightly above average arm strength. Then you hi-light the injury last years as something that contributed to it?.......Duh!!!
    Nice try... previously you said there were no concerns about his arm strength prior to his injury.. I proved you wrong. No one ever said he had below average arm strength. You made that one up yourself.

The other highlight says the CONCERNS were made GREATER after the injury which means they were concerned before he was injured...

again... nice try.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd take Barkley in a heartbeat if we didn't have Ben. The guy is a model player and has nerves of steel. Somebody else will get him and be lucky to have him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Nice try... previously you said there were no concerns about his arm strength prior to his injury.. I proved you wrong. No one ever said he had below average arm strength. You made that one up yourself.

The other highlight says the CONCERNS were made GREATER after the injury which means they were concerned before he was injured...

again... nice try.
    Ok how ever you want to spin it...how is adequate to above average arm strength (which you yourself posted), a concern?

Makes no sense. That falls in the category of "No Concern".

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'd take Barkley in a heartbeat if we didn't have Ben. The guy is a model player and has nerves of steel. Somebody else will get him and be lucky to have him.
    Me too. Agreed.

A freshman starter at Mater Dei. He has been in this position (at the highest levels), as a starter for the past two levels he has played at for 8 years. Think about that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Like I said there is nothing wrong with Barkley's arm. He is showing that he has above average arm strength. Now...

He was taller than scouts thought.
    He was faster than scouts thought.
    His arm is stronger than scouts thought.

Add his leadership, experience, mechanics, and on-field performance...

Let the transcend up the draft board begin.