Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 94

Thread: Today is the day that changes the NFL Draft for all teams!!!

  1. #51
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    4,039
    Dub,

    I'm liking your mock. It is very realistic and would really help this team. Nice job. I reallly like Earl Wold and Slay. Both are future starters imo.

    Mine is more pie in the sky. I need an update.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  2. #52
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Dub,

    I'm liking your mock. It is very realistic and would really help this team. Nice job. I reallly like Earl Wold and Slay. Both are future starters imo.

    Mine is more pie in the sky. I need an update.
    Thanks Blood. Keenan Allen is being compared to a young Anquan Boldin. Allen isnt the fasted (straight line speed), but in the open field he is elusive and can break tackles. And he is probably the most complete receiver in this draft. He can block like Hines Ward and loves to do it too. I believe because of his injury he is one of the most under-looked at player in this draft.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  3. #53
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Ok how ever you want to spin it...how is adequate to above average arm strength (which you yourself posted), a concern?

    Makes no sense. That falls in the category of "No Concern".
    Damn dude... ask the scouts that question. They had concerns and you even acknowledged it so Im not sure why you keep twisting in the wind over it.

  4. #54
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,607
    A couple of tid bits about Barkley's pro day.

    Foot work was exceptional.
    Mechanics were exceptional.
    Arm strength was above average and very accurate on the deep outs.
    He chose a routine that was far more difficult than what most QB 's use on their pro days.
    And he chose to throw into the wind today.
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 03-27-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  5. #55
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Me too. Agreed.

    A freshman starter at Mater Dei. He has been in this position (at the highest levels), as a starter for the past two levels he has played at for 8 years. Think about that.
    I don't watch much amateur football, but I remember him as a freshman playing at Ohio State. That kid wasn't fazed in prime time against the Buckeyes and 100,000 fans that wanted to see him crushed. I've only caught glimpses of him here and there, but have always thought that he was the kind of guy that I would want to lead a team.

  6. #56
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Damn dude... ask the scouts that question. They had concerns and you even acknowledged it so Im not sure why you keep twisting in the wind over it.
    Back tracking again. You are easy. Just corner you and you cower into a little ball.

    I have disagreed with the assessment about him having a below average arm. I would hardly think that is acknowledging what scouts have said about it.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  7. #57
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Back tracking again. You are easy. Just corner you and you cower into a little ball.

    I have disagreed with the assessment about him having a below average arm. I would hardly think that is acknowledging what scouts have said about it.
    LOL... its not back tracking buddy... you asked for proof that scouts questioned his arm strength before the injury... I provided proof. Then you said you were talking about below average arm strength... I have no idea where that assessment came from.

    You can spin all you want but scouts have questioned his arm strength from the jump.

    http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap10000001546...mixed-reviews/

    Once again... some scouts are talking about his passes fluttering in the wind.

    Im in a corner... sooooo scared.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-27-2013 at 07:27 PM.

  8. #58
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    "There's no knock (against him)," Mayock added. "His arm strength is what I thought it was. It's good. It's just not elite."

    NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah, a former NFL scout, wasn't as sold on Barkley's arm talent. "You just want to see a little more giddy up to use a baseball term," Jeremiah said. "You want to see a little more life on his fastball.
    ______________________________

    Terrific, another Philip Rivers minus the meat head.

  9. #59
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    16,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I don't watch much amateur football, but I remember him as a freshman playing at Ohio State. That kid wasn't fazed in prime time against the Buckeyes and 100,000 fans that wanted to see him crushed. I've only caught glimpses of him here and there, but have always thought that he was the kind of guy that I would want to lead a team.
    Matt Barkley is the first 3-time captain ever at USC, I think that says a lot.

  10. #60
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Matt Barkley is the first 3-time captain ever at USC, I think that says a lot.

    considering the downslide USC has had under his captaincy (two 5 loss seasons), culminating in a locker room brawl started when people questioned his leadership, I certainly agree that a lot is said by that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •