Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers GM Might See Harrison Clone in John Simon

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Love his motor. Would consider him in the 3rd-4th range but no earlier.
    JPN, gotta agree. He is full throttle every play, no plays off. But, something many don't realize is he is very polished. He plays with leverage, good technique, has a nose for being in the right place at the right time, and has a multitude of moves to get to the QB. While he is average athletically, he makes up for it by being a technically sound. Couple that with his intangibles, I wouldn't think twice about selecting him the second. While I don't believe he has a Jarvis Jones kind of ceiling, he should be a very sound, solid leader for many years in the NFL. Some team will get a gem.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    JPN, gotta agree. He is full throttle every play, no plays off. But, something many don't realize is he is very polished. He plays with leverage, good technique, has a nose for being in the right place at the right time, and has a multitude of moves to get to the QB. While he is average athletically, he makes up for it by being a technically sound. Couple that with his intangibles, I wouldn't think twice about selecting him the second. While I don't believe he has a Jarvis Jones kind of ceiling, he should be a very sound, solid leader for many years in the NFL. Some team will get a gem.
    I think you pegged him pretty good. A "High Effort" guy that is going to play at a high level because of being a technician instead of an elite athlete. Reminds me alot of K Greene & not just cause of his skin color. Just a guy who is gonna be smarter than you on every play and play 100 mph.

I'm not sure I would take him with the Steelers 2nd. Generally you are looking for those "upside" players which is why the Steelers have tried OLBs often in the 2nd. Simon is the kid where the floor & ceiling seem to be identified. At the Steelers 2nd, if a kid like Jamie Collins is there I would consider him over a Simon. The floor may be close but the ceiling climb over Simon could be broad. Lemonier & Williams are starting to gain a little steam going and they may be a late 2nd rounders too. That said, I would be happy with Collins, Lemonier, Willimas or Simon. They seem like Steeler OLBs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the player that resembles James Harrison the most in this draft is Sio Moore. Same size and build. Strong, quick, nasty hard hitter. Has played inside and outside. Has also shown the ability to cover and rush the passer. I would much rather have him than John Simon ( and I like Simon).
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 03-27-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I think the player that resembles James Harrison the most in this draft is Sio Moore. Same size and build. Strong, quick, nasty hard hitter. Has played inside and outside. Has also shown the ability to cover and rush the passer. I would much rather have him than John Simon ( and I like Simon).
    I'm a fan of Moore too but I like him inside. I think he is as close to Timmons as you can get. He is good in space in coverage and can blitz up the middle & come off the edge.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the player that resembles James Harrison the most is James Harrison. Sign him on a year to year basis, give Worilds some snaps to keep each healthy, draft this guy in the 4th or later and not worry about OLB for quite some time. Harrison is going to play for a lot less than 70% of his 2012 salary, since no teams were really interested, give him incentives to achieve more based on some split time with Worilds and really focus on other areas, WR, RB, TE, NT, CB

Dang, the Steelers can go into the draft with one less worry if both parties just swallow a little pride and get it done.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I think the player that resembles James Harrison the most is James Harrison. Sign him on a year to year basis, give Worilds some snaps to keep each healthy, draft this guy in the 4th or later and not worry about OLB for quite some time. Harrison is going to play for a lot less than 70% of his 2012 salary, since no teams were really interested, give him incentives to achieve more based on some split time with Worilds and really focus on other areas, WR, RB, TE, NT, CB

Dang, the Steelers can go into the draft with one less worry if both parties just swallow a little pride and get it done.

Pappy

Yeah I think James has at least one more good year left. I agree with you about bringing him back but I think this got personal when they asked him to take a pay cut. And now the Steelers F.O. is making a stand/statement.
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 03-27-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wanna know why all NFL Linebackers like James Harrison.
    Mean, unmerciful and strong as a bull
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't mind Simon, but he's a bit of a conselation prize type pick- if you miss the top OLB pass rushing types in Round 1 & 2, there's always this guy...

To be honest, he doesn't remind Chadman of Harrison or K Greene.

Vrabel, however..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Backup

User Info Menu

I told you guys it's a whole different ball game with Art II running the show. He makes Tom Donahoe look like Mr. Manners and he was a Class A jagoff.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    I told you guys it's a whole different ball game with Art II running the show. He makes Tom Donahoe look like Mr. Manners and he was a Class A jagoff.
    So whats your point?