Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers GM Might See Harrison Clone in John Simon

Backup

User Info Menu

That unless James calls Art II on the phone and basically kisses his ass, and plays steps and fetch? This has NO CHANCE of getting done despite what the coaches on the staff want.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ok that was easier for me to understand. You say this stuff about Art 2 and the Steelers, yet everything about Ben's trouble was false. So just as with the Ben trouble I have to stand back and think. Then wonder were is the truth in it?

I wonder if Art 2 is more in for the money? Guess I will sit back and in 5 years or so will have some sort of answer were he will take the Steelers.

Back to James. He burned the bridge is how I see it. He could have been a Steelers "hero" like the Bus and played for "pennies". Then this year or next used the retirement card to inspire the Steelers once they were in the playoffs. But he was thinking with the his wallet! Money now. I get that line of thinking for these guys but so far it is not working for him and I still think he could have made more money with the Steelers then else were.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, the Steelers are younger, but IMO a worse football team than when they ended the season.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/report-steelers-tell-james-harrison-theyre-not-interested/[/URL]

I hope Worilds is all Worilds, heck I hope he's at least all state.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 03-28-2013 at 10:09 AM.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Don't mind Simon, but he's a bit of a conselation prize type pick- if you miss the top OLB pass rushing types in Round 1 & 2, there's always this guy...

To be honest, he doesn't remind Chadman of Harrison or K Greene.

Vrabel, however..
    Playing the OSU card? lol I don't think Simon is the same animal as Vrabel was. Simon is a down hill athlete & that is why I drew the comapriosn to Greene. Vrabel was just a gifted "football player". Vrabel was a guy who was capable of playing all 4 LB spots in a 3-4 & some DE. Capable of playing SAM & WIL in a 4-3 and DE spots as well. I think Simon is a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB only. He has alot of work to do in coverage. He is a little stiff in the hips and may struggle in space at times staying on a TE or RB. If there is a Vrabel in this draft...Sign me up.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Playing the OSU card? lol I don't think Simon is the same animal as Vrabel was. Simon is a down hill athlete & that is why I drew the comapriosn to Greene. Vrabel was just a gifted "football player". Vrabel was a guy who was capable of playing all 4 LB spots in a 3-4 & some DE. Capable of playing SAM & WIL in a 4-3 and DE spots as well. I think Simon is a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB only. He has alot of work to do in coverage. He is a little stiff in the hips and may struggle in space at times staying on a TE or RB. If there is a Vrabel in this draft...Sign me up.
    Interesting that Vrabel was Simon's position coach last year at OSU...