Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Manti Te'o just ran an unofficial 4.71 40.

  1. #21
    Pro Bowler thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,032
    I probably wouldn't take Te'o with #17 but I would in the second round. I think he will be a solid pro but as ILB he better be a Patrick willis or Derek Johnson type to be worthy of #17 and I don't see Te'o as that type.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

  2. #22
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,424
    Te'o is one player who has gone pretty cold in draft talk.

    For pure, wild speculation's sake, Chadman thinks Te'o might actually go significantly lower than originally predicted. We've all seen players predicted to go high that end up falling out the bottom end of a draft class- Burfect is a great example.

    Just saying that it wouldn't be a huge shock to Chadman to see something similar happen, regardless of how deserved that is.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  3. #23
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Te'o is one player who has gone pretty cold in draft talk.

    For pure, wild speculation's sake, Chadman thinks Te'o might actually go significantly lower than originally predicted. We've all seen players predicted to go high that end up falling out the bottom end of a draft class- Burfect is a great example.

    Just saying that it wouldn't be a huge shock to Chadman to see something similar happen, regardless of how deserved that is.
    Same blueprint as Brady Quinn....

    High draft prediction...
    played SEC team in bowl game...
    looked overwhelmed and undersized...
    sexuality was in question (ball shots)....

    and was still drafted higher than he should have been.

  4. #24
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,319
    I'd be all for the ND TE at #17... He is very impressive. Didn't he just run a mid 4 sec. in the 40 at his pro day? He'd be a nice target for Ben.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  5. #25
    Pro Bowler thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I'd be all for the ND TE at #17... He is very impressive. Didn't he just run a mid 4 sec. in the 40 at his pro day? He'd be a nice target for Ben.....
    Eifert didn't run the 40 at his pro day

    I heard Mayock say that he tells the players that if they are willing to stand on their 40 time from the combine, then just concentrate on position drills for your pro day. Maybe Eifert got the same advice??
    Last edited by thor75; 03-27-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

  6. #26
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I'd be all for the ND TE at #17... He is very impressive. Didn't he just run a mid 4 sec. in the 40 at his pro day? He'd be a nice target for Ben.....
    Don't get me going on this pick, I would love to have Tyler @17 but all the experts say no to TE feeling other positions need
    attention first. I thought the Steelers don't draft on need? Pick any position on the board guys, can you say the pick outside of TE will be the best player at his position?

    I feel confident Tyler will be the BPA when it' our turn to pick, but I don't expect the Steelers to pick him as it would be a surprise for many here including me.

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Same blueprint as Brady Quinn....

    High draft prediction...
    played SEC team in bowl game...
    looked overwhelmed and undersized...
    sexuality was in question (ball shots)....

    and was still drafted higher than he should have been.
    Horrible comparison. QB is a position of major need in the NFL. It is the premier position and teams always reach for them. And how do you say Te'o is under-sized? Have you seen the ILB around the NFL?

    But we get it.....hater.

    Here are the facts. Te'o produced for 4 years at ND at a high level. Showed leadership qualities. Improved in all areas. Went from being deficient in pass coverage to actually being pretty descent. Has shown a great work ethic and drive to get better. Was above average in his drills at the combine and pro day. Showed quickness (lateral movement), and strength. Improved his 40 time. Made a ton of splash plays during his 4 years. Also manned up and took accountability for the hoax incident. Faced the media and NFL personnel in a way that actually impressed most (per what the media has reported).

    These are the things that the NFL is going to look at more than anything else. Teddy Bruschi predicted he will be an above average ILB in the NFL. Raved about his feet, quickness, and instincts. He also said that ND front 4 played a huge roll in the failures of the entire defense for ND in the championship game. It was a team effort in that failure and not just on Te'o.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  8. #28
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Horrible comparison. QB is a position of major need in the NFL. It is the premier position and teams always reach for them. And how do you say Te'o is under-sized? Have you seen the ILB around the NFL?

    But we get it.....hater.

    Here are the facts. Te'o produced for 4 years at ND at a high level. Showed leadership qualities. Improved in all areas. Went from being deficient in pass coverage to actually being pretty descent. Has shown a great work ethic and drive to get better. Was above average in his drills at the combine and pro day. Showed quickness (lateral movement), and strength. Improved his 40 time. Made a ton of splash plays during his 4 years. Also manned up and took accountability for the hoax incident. Faced the media and NFL personnel in a way that actually impressed most (per what the media has reported).

    These are the things that the NFL is going to look at more than anything else. Teddy Bruschi predicted he will be an above average ILB in the NFL. Raved about his feet, quickness, and instincts. He also said that ND front 4 played a huge roll in the failures of the entire defense for ND in the championship game. It was a team effort in that failure and not just on Te'o.
    What team reached for Quinn in the top 10 of his draft?

    yeah.. it's hard for you to see the comparison for what it is because you are too busy shaking those pom poms.

    Quinn... just like Te'o... had early predictions of being a top 10 pick... and just like Quinn I think Te'o will drop to the bottom of the 1st or be an early second rounder due to his bowl game against NFL talent.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-27-2013 at 01:03 PM.

  9. #29
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    What team reached for Quinn in the top 10 of his draft?

    yeah.. it's hard for you to see the comparison for what it is because you are too busy shaking those pom poms.

    Quinn... just like Te'o... had early predictions of being a top 10 pick... and just like Quinn I think Te'o will drop to the bottom of the 1st or be an early second rounder due to his bowl game against NFL talent.
    But before you had said he wasnt a first round pick. Now you are back tracking. Nice.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  10. #30
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    But before you had said he wasnt a first round pick. Now you are back tracking. Nice.
    He isn't.... IMO if he goes anywhere before the mid 3rd round he will be considered a bust...

    I don't think he is anywhere near as good as advertised and will struggle vs NFL talent...

    where I think he should go vs where he will go are 2 different things.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •