Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Manti Te'o just ran an unofficial 4.71 40.

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,217
    He actually put up that time trying to catch her!

  2. #12
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    She runs so fast it was like she was never there!

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I'm more impressed with what ertz did at his pro day last week. Could have just had a bad day at the combine. Seems like the tape was very similar on these guys Ertz/Eifert, but the combine established eifert as the #1 guy at TE.

    he may not be there by the time we pick in the 2nd now. Eifert seems to be a popular pick on the board, but this guy may represent better value if he is hanging around at 48.
    I wonder how many of these "OMG, it's gotta be Eifert" peeps have ever watched the guy play or just think "he's the top TE, so I'll take him"... I saw Ertz - he's a stud as a pass catcher... he stood out. I watched ND and don't remember Eifert...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I wonder how many of these "OMG, it's gotta be Eifert" peeps have ever watched the guy play or just think "he's the top TE, so I'll take him"... I saw Ertz - he's a stud as a pass catcher... he stood out. I watched ND and don't remember Eifert...
    that's my thought as well. It seems like eifert is much loved, but I'm not as sure. I just haven't seen enough. I'm not opposed to TE @17 if the FO and coaches think eifert is the clear cut #1 guy, but I wonder is he just the #1 in a pretty weak class? If that's the case, wait and grab ertz in the 2nd if available and he grades out there, or roll with what we have.

    guess that's one upside to having a lot of needs. Lots to choose from.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    that's my thought as well. It seems like eifert is much loved, but I'm not as sure. I just haven't seen enough. I'm not opposed to TE @17 if the FO and coaches think eifert is the clear cut #1 guy, but I wonder is he just the #1 in a pretty weak class? If that's the case, wait and grab ertz in the 2nd if available and he grades out there, or roll with what we have.

    guess that's one upside to having a lot of needs. Lots to choose from.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I'd be OK with him as the pick
    Me too. Mike Mayock is now saying (after seeing his drills today), what I said 4 months ago. He is a 3 down LB. Go figure.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    He will be a late second rounder.
    Wanna bet? He will be a first rounder.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,622
    I just can't see anyone taking this guy in the 1st round.
    After N.D.'s awful defensive performance and this whole GF thing, I think he's a 2nd rounder.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I just can't see anyone taking this guy in the 1st round.
    After N.D.'s awful defensive performance and this whole GF thing, I think he's a 2nd rounder.
    You are entitled to your opinion but NFL scouts and personnel are saying differently. They dont ever rate a player based on one game. Mayock just said he goes 19, 20 or 23. New York Giants, Chicago Bears, or Minnesota Vikings. Wont get past Baltimore at 32.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...n-Te-o-pro-day
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  10. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,860
    I watched Eifert and he is legit.. but Im not sure he is head and shoulders above Errz..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •