Thread: Kennedy?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Kennedy?

So I love hockey, but never played and can't say I dig in to all the nitty-gritty.
    But I know sports and I know and understand the less finer things about hockey and sports in general. Positioning, defense, etc.

But I've been following the trades, etc and I noticed alot of the 'loud' boisterous Pens fans are pushing to get rid of Kennedy.
    Is there a reason for this?
    I like watching him play. He's not the most skilled but he brings such energy that he seems like a real and cheap asset to me.

What am I missing for a third line guy?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

To be honest, I really cant see the reason for the push to trade him. I have been watching the Pens almost religeously since the back to back cup runs and even growing up in the 90's and I enjoy that the Pens generally have familier faces playing for them year in and year out. As for Kennedy, he is another that has been with this team for quite a few years now and I have grown familier with him and enjoy that familiarity as a fan. I mean take tonight for instance, He got int oa fight with a montreal player in the first period I believe to kinda get the emotions going of his teamates. So to me as a fan, I like his play and his role on this team.

All in all the Pens are playing great team hockey right now as can be seen with there current 13 game win streak.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hope Kennedy stays as well. I think he is a great fit for this team. I haven't seen anything on the national level about rumors of him on the trading block, but I don't live in Pitts. so maybe its on that local level.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska