Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison's Agent Would Welcome Call from Steelers

Backup

User Info Menu

Against the Ravens when he prepared for guard he was awesome. By far his best game of the year.

He's not that good at center IMO.

He'd be the best guard in football if he played there full time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Against the Ravens when he prepared for guard he was awesome. By far his best game of the year.

which is only your opinion and nothing more.

there is a reason Pouncey has only played center for his entire collegiate career and for almost all of his Steelers career...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    which is only your opinion and nothing more.

there is a reason Pouncey has only played center for his entire collegiate career and for almost all of his Steelers career...
    WATCH HIM at center.

He gets out muscled constantly by NFL nose tackles. You also must remember he played in a gimmick offense at Florida, where run blocking for backs in a traditional set wasn't the norm.

In case you don't know? They don't run the Tebow gimmick offense in Pittsburgh.

If Pouncey was on any other team? He'd already be at guard full time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

James Harrison anyone ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure what this has to do with Harrison but I'll chime in. I have no idea if Pouncey is a better Guard than Center but our OL is better when Legs plays C and Pouncey plays Guard. Legs is a decent C but he isn't that good at G.

Now back to Harrison...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Okay, I'll get it started. With the above mentioned talk that the Steelers do not want Harrison back, do you think that is their ultimate say in the matter ? Also, are the Steelers trying to teach Harrisons agent Parise a lesson too ? Seems to me when the Steelers offer and old guy a contract or dollar amount, the mean what they offer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If the Steelers would offer a contract to James, I think it would only happen when the agent initiates an approach to the Steelers and comes to them hat-in-hand, with the exception that the Steelers have a felt need (as in case of injury to Worilds or Woodley). And, since market value for James seems to have been set, the contract would be much less than originally offered. IMO. That said, I would like to see James back for another year, at vet minimum with incentives. I doubt he would accept that.
    Last edited by DukieBoy; 04-01-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    James Harrison anyone ?
    I still want him back in black and gold. I haven't had my fill of James Harrison as a Steeler. I know it isn't happening and I'll just have the memories of James Harrison on the field and the 5 or 6 years in which he was the most dominant defensive player in the game. I am not looking forward to seeing how the right side of the defense plays without James.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Until James bows to Art, no chance he returns.

None.

Legend

User Info Menu

I resent being called a troll. I'm far from a troll.

Apology not accepted.
    And I resent you hijacking every thread on this forum to repeat the same crap. I hate to break it to you, but your constant threadjacking is the epitome of trolling behavior.