Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison's Agent Would Welcome Call from Steelers

Starter

User Info Menu

It's amazing that there are fans that don't remember how James stood out every time he was on the field whether it was special teams, preseason, or when he finally played because of Porter being ejected for fighting. Didn't he have like 3 sacks and some forced fumbles in his 1st start? He pretty much took the game over...

It was a tragedy that he wasn't starting over Hagans or Foote.

I also hope that Worilds is the next great Steelers LB, just haven't seen it yet.

Another AS masterpiece.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    It's amazing that there are fans that don't remember how James stood out every time he was on the field whether it was special teams, preseason, or when he finally played because of Porter being ejected for fighting. Didn't he have like 3 sacks and some forced fumbles in his 1st start? He pretty much took the game over...

It was a tragedy that he wasn't starting over Hagans or Foote.

I also hope that Worilds is the next great Steelers LB, just haven't seen it yet.
    In his first start he had 6 tackles & 1 sack. In his next 4 starts of the same year he totaled 10 tackles & 0 sacks.

In 4 years before Harrison became a fulltime starter he notched 8 starts with 110 TT & 4 sacks.
    Worilds in 3 years has 10 starts with 82 TT & 10 sacks. By the numbers, it looks promising.

Watching Harrison early his ST play stood out and he looked to have potential in position reps. Nobody saw the BOOM of who we know as James Harrison. We can only hope we see another.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    All he's done was body slam a Browns fan ? What about defensive player of the year ? Other teams keying on him ? A quarterbacks nightmare ? Turning the tides in the Super Bowl ?
    Allowing the rest of the defense to be better ? I keep hearing that Worilds did a bit better in a shorter amount of time for a few plays or a couple of games but, that doesn't map out his career. James has been the real deal for a while now.
    Age, injuries and money has caught up to Harrison now and we will learn what Worilds has to offer. I hope Worilds is the next super star at linebacker.
    Read close, the comment about slamming the fan was what did he do before becoming a starter.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    In his first start he had 6 tackles & 1 sack. In his next 4 starts of the same year he totaled 10 tackles & 0 sacks.

In 4 years before Harrison became a fulltime starter he notched 8 starts with 110 TT & 4 sacks.
    Worilds in 3 years has 10 starts with 82 TT & 10 sacks. By the numbers, it looks promising.

Watching Harrison early his ST play stood out and he looked to have potential in position reps. Nobody saw the BOOM of who we know as James Harrison. We can only hope we see another.
    The biggest difference, just going off of watching games, is that Harrison really stood out and looked unblockable at times. Worilds has been easily blocked by scrubs as well as NFL starters. The stats just don't tell the whole story IMO.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

The biggest difference, just going off of watching games, is that Harrison really stood out and looked unblockable at times. Worilds has been easily blocked by scrubs as well as NFL starters. The stats just don't tell the whole story IMO.
    Harrison was definitely not unblockable last year or the year before. Hence his departure because he isn't going to get better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I watched the same games and Harrison didn't look unblockable before he became a full time starter. He was a head hunter on STs and struggled with reading & assignments when he did get snaps on D. His limited athleticism hurt his recovery when he took false steps. That was one of the reasons it took him a little time to see the field. Playing behind a Pro Bowler didn't help his situation either. The one thing that Harrison showed early in his pass rush was that he had an ability to use his lack of height to his advantage against big OTs for leverage. That only amplified with experience and his dedication to the weight room. The Harrison that made his mark in the NFL came along only after years of dedication in the weight room and gaining experience in his limited snaps...And he made his mark.

Worilds has been no different in his struggles early on. He has been more productive stat wise over his first three years. He too is playing behind Pro Bowlers. The one difference that sticks out is he is a much better athlete than Harrison ever was. His athleticism allows him to recover from his mistakes. As he gains the experience this year as a full time starter and his new dedication in the weight room...Who knows what path he will follow. There are all questions with the answers to follow. Nobody can say the outlook is any better or worse by comparing both players play on the field early in their careers. There is no hindsight argument because Harrison didn't show ANY signs of being great when he first put on his helmet. The outcome was far better than the preview. All we can do is hope that story will be written again.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Even if Harrison was signed and turned into the James of past, the rest of the defense is in trouble with injuries, old age and players that are untested or are flops like Ziggy and Heyward.
    I really hope Heyward is not a flop. Hard to beat Keisel to get playing time though. Hood on the other hand... I'm not saying he is a bad player but I don't see the impact that usually comes with being a first rounder. He's an average starter imo
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I watched the same games and Harrison didn't look unblockable before he became a full time starter. He was a head hunter on STs and struggled with reading & assignments when he did get snaps on D. His limited athleticism hurt his recovery when he took false steps. That was one of the reasons it took him a little time to see the field. Playing behind a Pro Bowler didn't help his situation either. The one thing that Harrison showed early in his pass rush was that he had an ability to use his lack of height to his advantage against big OTs for leverage. That only amplified with experience and his dedication to the weight room. The Harrison that made his mark in the NFL came along only after years of dedication in the weight room and gaining experience in his limited snaps...And he made his mark.

Worilds has been no different in his struggles early on. He has been more productive stat wise over his first three years. He too is playing behind Pro Bowlers. The one difference that sticks out is he is a much better athlete than Harrison ever was. His athleticism allows him to recover from his mistakes. As he gains the experience this year as a full time starter and his new dedication in the weight room...Who knows what path he will follow. There are all questions with the answers to follow. Nobody can say the outlook is any better or worse by comparing both players play on the field early in their careers. There is no hindsight argument because Harrison didn't show ANY signs of being great when he first put on his helmet. The outcome was far better than the preview. All we can do is hope that story will be written again.
    Bravo. An individual who remembers how it really was and applies rational thought. Refreshing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Worilds was ready to start, why did the Steelers make Harrison an offer ? Have the Steelers given any interviews to FA linebackers this season ? I don't see the Steelers that comfortable with Worilds a this time.
    As I said before, I'm a bit torn with Harrison not comeing back but, be it Worilds or whomever that takes his spot, I'd like to know as soon as possible if the guy can handle the job.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Worilds was ready to start, why did the Steelers make Harrison an offer ? Have the Steelers given any interviews to FA linebackers this season ? I don't see the Steelers that comfortable with Worilds a this time.
    FA OLB Victor Butler visited on his world wide tour
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska