Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison's Agent Would Welcome Call from Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think the Steelers will do anything until after the draft...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    if he wanted to stay all he had to do was sign the contract.
    people are acting like the steelers royally F'ed him and offered a 80% flat paycut.
    Who is acting like that? I think the Steelers offered him a fair deal and he got some bad advice.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I thought that somebody would give James Harrison a 2-3 year deal where he would have made more than the Steelers offer, at least in the first year. Looks like I was wrong, and I'll gladly admit that.
    you and me, both! and glad to see there's an outside chance he comes back...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    you and me, both! and glad to see there's an outside chance he comes back...
    The only thing I can think is teams are worried about backlash from Goodell from signing him. Is it possible he got black balled by the league.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    He'd likely have to come back for a league minimum contract.

I feel bad for Harrison. He's probably caught up in taking some bad advice. By all accounts, he's been the hardest working Steeler on the roster since he's been here. He's also been arguably one of the best defensive players to ever lace em up. Why should he take a pay cut?

Sure we can all say he's old. And he's injured. And he's past his prime. Maybe true. Maybe not. Apparently the coaches don't think so based on them wanting him back. Whatever it is, I'm sure the competitive nature of James probably won't let his mind believe he's on the decline. He probably thinks he's the same guy he was when he was in his 20s. Heck, I still think I'm way younger than I actually am in my mind. It leads me to do all kinds of things my body reminds me I shouldn't have been doing a day later. But I never seem to get the point either.

If we can somehow get him back, he'd still be one of the 3 superstars on this team. I'm kinda on James side on this. He probably deserves to get paid. And I'd love for him to get the chance to prove it with an offseason to get healthy again. I think everyone in the league is making a mistake on him.
    I'm thinking the same way. I just don't know how a man like Deebo could walk back into the locker room after being made to eat it like this. His pride has been one of his best assets, but it seems to be what will keep him from the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i'd bring him back at league minimum and have him as a backup, if he'd do it. time for worilds to get his crack. maybe put harrison in a few times a game or on longer drives or something.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm thinking the same way. I just don't know how a man like Deebo could walk back into the locker room after being made to eat it like this. His pride has been one of his best assets, but it seems to be what will keep him from the Steelers.
    Technically his agent should be on the hook. By giving him bad advise, he forced the Steelers to write off $3M+ by cutting James, and that's why there's no money left to give James.

If I were James, I send this guy a bill instead of a commission. He screwed James and the Steelers both.

Backup

User Info Menu

The agent works FOR James. If James wanted to sign that offer HE would have.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    The agent works FOR James. If James wanted to sign that offer HE would have.
    Because James is clearly the brains.

Legend

User Info Menu

looks like james taking the preseason and beginning of the regular season off last year didnt work out too good for him