Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison's Agent Would Welcome Call from Steelers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Even if Harrison was signed and turned into the James of past, the rest of the defense is in trouble with injuries, old age and players that are untested or are flops like Ziggy and Heyward.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    All of the innovation and aggressiveness in the world doesn't make up for the drop off from Harrison to Worilds.
    We don't know that until he's given the chance.

If he's the starter they need to move Woodley to Harrison's side, and move Worilds to Woodley's side and turn them loose.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The defense has been in position to make plays for most of the last two seasons
    No it hasn't, the 4th quarter defense has been a joke for the last two seasons.

Because nothing changes. It's bend don't break prevent garbage that doesn't work.

I told you, and correctly I might add, that who was going to be the scapegoat after Arians was fired when the 4th quarter defense continues to blow leads?

Six blown 4th quarter leads in 2012. This after the evil OC was fired and the HOF QB was made an example of.

When does LeBeau's problems become LeBeau's responsibility?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post

If he's the starter they need to move Woodley to Harrison's side, and move Worilds to Woodley's side and turn them loose.
    Worilds has had plenty of playing time. He's weak against the run and average as a pass rusher.

I do agree that he is better on the left but still average at best IMO.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    it would be nice if Worilds would stay healthy long enough to be given the chance.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    it would be nice if Worilds would stay healthy long enough to be given the chance.

lol ! Don't forget, Worilds was another first rounder that the football gods gave us in the second round. Everyone we sign is the best despite the outcome of their dismal play, lack of play and so on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    Worilds has had plenty of playing time. He's weak against the run and average as a pass rusher.

I do agree that he is better on the left but still average at best IMO.
    And given those supposed limitations he has thus far out performed and out produced the great james Harrison as the same points of their careers where they were given the opportunity to become a starter. Harrison had done nothing except body slam a Browns fan when he was given the starting job. How quickly everyone wants to forget as they get lost in their obsessions over their favorites.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And given those supposed limitations he has thus far out performed and out produced the great james Harrison as the same points of their careers where they were given the opportunity to become a starter. Harrison had done nothing except body slam a Browns fan when he was given the starting job. How quickly everyone wants to forget as they get lost in their obsessions over their favorites.
    James was a beast at ILB and OLB in preseason games. He dominated.

If we're talking about stats maybe Worilds has compiled decent stats being blocked by RBs and TEs, but going by watching him in games, he has been average IMO. Even in preseason against backups.

Another AS masterpiece.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All he's done was body slam a Browns fan ? What about defensive player of the year ? Other teams keying on him ? A quarterbacks nightmare ? Turning the tides in the Super Bowl ?
    Allowing the rest of the defense to be better ? I keep hearing that Worilds did a bit better in a shorter amount of time for a few plays or a couple of games but, that doesn't map out his career. James has been the real deal for a while now.
    Age, injuries and money has caught up to Harrison now and we will learn what Worilds has to offer. I hope Worilds is the next super star at linebacker.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Harrison's agent would welcome his phone to ring...period.

Harrison is only a shell of his former self.

Harrison's decline & Worilds improvement last year in his limited snaps is the reason why they went to Harrison and asked him to take a paycut. Harrison's pride got in his way. It happens when a player thinks he still can play the way he used to. The Steelers told him he wasn't the same player & he disagreed. He took his unearned signing bonus to FA to prove a point & he found out the Steelers were correct. He is costing the Steelers 5 mil this year and I don't see the Steelers handing him more money unless injuries pile up. I'm as big a fan of Harrison as anyone in here. Great things don't last forever. The hardest part is knowing when to move on. It is time.