Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison's Agent Would Welcome Call from Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    If Worilds could have performed at the same level as James Harrison in 2012 wouldn't he have been on the field and James on the bench? Wouldn't the Steelers have known then, they were going to release Harrison? Instead, the Steelers made an offer to Harrison at a reduced price hoping to keep him, for what? To be a backup at 70% of his salary? For leadership at 70% of his salary? No, they wanted him back at a reduced rate because he's the best OLB they have and they were hoping the incentives to earn his entire salary would get him to sign. He's still the best OLB they would have, unfortunately, he isn't a member of the team at this point.

Pappy
    I agree with Pap. The Steelers are singing the "It's Woirlds Time" song now but they clearly were trying to get James H back on the team. And it wasn't to be a mentor or pine-rider. During the season and at the start of the off season they clearly thought he was their best option. Now they're saying what they have to say and praying it works out that way. He's ready b/c there is no other choice.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    And so do we...

Seriously... if the guy still has value and we were willing to pay him decent money a few weeks ago, would we really let egos get in the way of signing him now? I can understand if we dumpped a truckload of money on somone else but we haven't.
    Even at his age, Deebo was still the best OLB on the team last year. I understand that there is an investment in Worilds, but I would think that these kinds of things would be considered as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Steelers offered. Harrison rejected. He screwed up. He has to live with his decision.
    I'm sure he will live...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm sure he will live...
    So will the Steelers just like they have when they have discarded every player past his "sell by" date
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    So will the Steelers just like they have when they have discarded every player past his "sell by" date
    Of course the Steelers will live. They always do. How well they'll live is another story. The problem here is that James is not past his sell-by date. They were OK after getting rid of Rod Woodson too early, they'll be OK sooner or later here too.

Legend

User Info Menu

The problem here is that James is not past his sell-by date.
    Is that why teams were stepping all over each other to sign him.
    A 36 year old with a spinal injury doesn't get better with age.
    He is one play away from another injury.
    He should honestly retire.
    Great player for awhile but his career is over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    For a while? Cmon man... he dominanted from the day he replaced Porter until his injury and he was pretty good late last season. Its a young mans game tho... if we reopened the door I wouldnt have a problem with him resigning

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah Felt, he was pretty great for awhile.
    6 years is awhile in my book
    7 + years is a long time...LOL

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I would see your point if he wasn't playing his best football at the end of the year.

Anyway, aren't ALL players one play away from an injury? I think the whole team could attest to that last year. Even Ben was kept as clean as he had in his career and still got injured. It happens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ive had 2 different back surgeries, I'm always 1 wrong turn or twist from reinjuring the area.
    Football players that need to twist,turn and bend their bodies repetitively while pushing and pulling hundreds of pounds with a back problem are worse off in my opinion.