Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison's Agent Would Welcome Call from Steelers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would take him back but it would be between vet min & under 2 mil. He is already costing the Steelers close to 5 mil this season. He would know up front he is going to see signficant decrease in snap count to get Worilds on the field. That would benefit him too keeping him fresh for the end of season and possibly post season. 1 YEAR DEAL.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Worilds could have performed at the same level as James Harrison in 2012 wouldn't he have been on the field and James on the bench? Wouldn't the Steelers have known then, they were going to release Harrison? Instead, the Steelers made an offer to Harrison at a reduced price hoping to keep him, for what? To be a backup at 70% of his salary? For leadership at 70% of his salary? No, they wanted him back at a reduced rate because he's the best OLB they have and they were hoping the incentives to earn his entire salary would get him to sign. He's still the best OLB they would have, unfortunately, he isn't a member of the team at this point.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

door closed... see my sig! bwahahaha
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

According to Bouchette, the door has been closed for Harrison with the Steelers.
    Well at least for now I believe. Obviously they're not dead set on Worilds if they're looking at that Cowboys OLB and Freeney.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

If Bouchette says it's closed he'll probably sign by Friday.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post

$$$$$$$$$$

Legend

User Info Menu

Awesome.

If he's not signed by the third week, we will pick him up then.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    If Worilds could have performed at the same level as James Harrison in 2012 wouldn't he have been on the field and James on the bench? Wouldn't the Steelers have known then, they were going to release Harrison? Instead, the Steelers made an offer to Harrison at a reduced price hoping to keep him, for what? To be a backup at 70% of his salary? For leadership at 70% of his salary? No, they wanted him back at a reduced rate because he's the best OLB they have and they were hoping the incentives to earn his entire salary would get him to sign. He's still the best OLB they would have, unfortunately, he isn't a member of the team at this point.

Pappy

Steelers offered. Harrison rejected. He screwed up. He has to live with his decision.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Nice one Crash

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Steelers offered. Harrison rejected. He screwed up. He has to live with his decision.

And so do we...

Seriously... if the guy still has value and we were willing to pay him decent money a few weeks ago, would we really let egos get in the way of signing him now? I can understand if we dumpped a truckload of money on somone else but we haven't.