Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison's Agent Would Welcome Call from Steelers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    The agent works FOR James. If James wanted to sign that offer HE would have.
    True. However, I look at it like my lawyer or realtor or doctor. I have to make decisions in life but I trust the advice of professionals that supposedly know what they are doing in a specific area. I'm sure that James was doing the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A healthy James Harrison would still be the best medicine for this roster. I don't like what he did either but I understand it. Many of you are criticizing Harrison for his pride, but at the same time, some of you are too arrogant as well to want him back on the team for what he did. I'm like, "Welcome Back, James" what took you so long... There's your #92 right over there by your locker. Now let's get ready to bitch-slap somebody".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    A healthy James Harrison would still be the best medicine for this roster. I don't like what he did either but I understand it. Many of you are criticizing Harrison for his pride, but at the same time, some of you are too arrogant as well to want him back on the team for what he did. I'm like, "Welcome Back, James" what took you so long... There's your #92 right over there by your locker. Now let's get ready to bitch-slap somebody".
    ...........'oh, and here's your league minimum paycheck'

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agree.

For me, this would be the best news yet to have him come back. He took a risk and it didn't go the way he had hoped. Live and learn. He is a hard worker and takes the game seriously. I would rather have him on our team than on another team.
    Hope to see him in #92.

Kindle

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope I didn't come off as being critical of Harrison for his pride. IMO, it's what took him being an UDFA to the most feared man in the NFL. It's what makes me think that he can play for another couple years despite what the naysayers bark. However, for a man with his pride who has been to the mountain top to have to publicly eat it and go back would be tough. Then there is the whole "awkward" situation with Worilds as well. Deebo would be the best OL on the team if he came back, but I'm not thinking he will in the end. I'd love to be wrong on this one.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

JH may have to swallow some pride to come back but I bet he'll feel totally different when the crowd at Heinz cheers when his name is called. I know I would be cheering. I think he has two good years left.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I hope I didn't come off as being critical of Harrison for his pride. IMO, it's what took him being an UDFA to the most feared man in the NFL. It's what makes me think that he can play for another couple years despite what the naysayers bark. However, for a man with his pride who has been to the mountain top to have to publicly eat it and go back would be tough. Then there is the whole "awkward" situation with Worilds as well. Deebo would be the best OL on the team if he came back, but I'm not thinking he will in the end. I'd love to be wrong on this one.
    I understand.... I too believe that JH made an emotional decision at the time and his pride and short-sightedness got in the way of him making a rational decision. I blame his agent for that.... With all that said, I'm surely not going to act like this guy is worthless, all of a sudden. JH is still a great playmaker and if healthy, could help this team immensely!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I understand.... I too believe that JH made an emotional decision at the time and his pride and short-sightedness got in the way of him making a rational decision. I blame his agent for that.... With all that said, I'm surely not going to act like this guy is worthless, all of a sudden. JH is still a great playmaker and if healthy, could help this team immensely!
    I'm not even sure how emotional the decision was. I can just see the agent telling him "this is what they'll give you, but you'll make more on the market" and him buying it. Either way, he's on the outside looking in again. I'd hate to see a career like his end this way.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think his old teammates would love to have him back and as far as the awkwardness, players know that it can be an ugly, cold, unforgiving business. Look at all of the high profile players that have accepted paycuts. Most of these guys have experienced this already. If not, most of them will in due time. I remember when Ray Lewis was a free agent most recently and stepped out on the open market thinking he was going to get a great offer from another team not named the ravens. Didn't happen, he went crawling back to the ravens for less money than he expected to make on the open market.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not even sure how emotional the decision was. I can just see the agent telling him "this is what they'll give you, but you'll make more on the market" and him buying it. Either way, he's on the outside looking in again. I'd hate to see a career like his end this way.
    I would suspect this is what happened.

And remember, James Harrison only had one big pay day in the NFL.