Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Harrison's Agent Would Welcome Call from Steelers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I must be missing something about the Steeler defense last year and maybe those who know the X's and O's can help me out or correct my misremembering.

Early in the season (first 4 games, maybe 5), Polamalu and Harrison are on the sideline or just coming back and the run defense is getting gashed pretty good. Harrison starts playing and they are still getting it handed to them for a few games, Polamalu re-injures calf muscle and is now out until week 11 or 12. Harrison continues to play, Woodley is dinged and/or ineffective, but as the games go on the run defense is becoming more stout. When Polamalu returns with 3 or 4 games to go the defense as a whole becomes the dominant unit and is turning in performances that keep them in games.

I'm sure I missed a few things here and there, but for the most part that's it, the D-line was healthy, Timmons and Foote were healthy, Ike was healthy until the 15th game and Lewis and Clark were playing really good football. The twio differences are Harrison and Polamalu are now healthy. I guess Im not seeing this steep decline in the play of Harrison that many see. If Harrison's play declined to the point that he can't get a job, then what was the difference in the defense form the beginning of the year to the end?

Pappy
    A big part of the turnaround on the defensive side was when Mundy was benched, Allen started at FS and Clark moved to SS. Clark was a beast at SS and he and Allen played very well together. When Troy was inserted back into the lineup the defense slipped for a couple of games until he got his game legs back. I agree Harrison getting better physically during the year also helped the defense.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    First six games of the season the Steelers were 3-3 and the last six they were 2-4. Guess I don't see what a difference maker Harrison was those last six games that everyone cites as evidence he was "coming on." The fact is that Harrison hasn't been a difference maker for two seasons now and the Steelers were right not to hope he was this year for millions of dollars more than he should get.
    How many of those last six games were started by Batch? Ben threw 2 of them away with INTs. How is that reflective of the play of Harrison?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    How many of those last six games were started by Batch? Ben threw 2 of them away with INTs. How is that reflective of the play of Harrison?
    yeah.. that makes no sense at all...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That is exactly the point. If you buy that Harrison was a world beater at the end of the season, and he wasn't, it still made no difference because it is what happens on the offense that makes a difference. Harrison can't control the outcome of the game and he isn't worth $4M per year hoping that he can. Take that money and make the offense better because that is what will determine our future.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Five teams reportedly interested in James Harrison

April 4, 2013 by Paul Jackiewicz

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, James Harrison’s agent Bill Parise told him that five teams are interested in his client. He wouldn’t go into any further details.

It sounds like to me that Harrison’s agent is looking to build up some interest for his client. If teams were really interested in him, he would have visited them already.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/five_teams_reportedly_interested_in_james_harrison/13314886[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Five teams reportedly interested in James Harrison

April 4, 2013 by Paul Jackiewicz

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, James Harrison’s agent Bill Parise told him that five teams are interested in his client. He wouldn’t go into any further details.

It sounds like to me that Harrison’s agent is looking to build up some interest for his client. If teams were really interested in him, he would have visited them already.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/five_teams_reportedly_interested_in_james_harrison/13314886[/URL]
    He'll probably get signed but I think the interest in him is mild at best. He will sign for less than the Steelers ofered. Bad move James.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

His agent might be trying to get an interested party to do something in fear of losing out before the draft. With the lack of reported team vistits & teams officials expressing interest Harrison could be headed for a post week 1 signing if a team doesn't lose a starter to injury.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    His agent might be trying to get an interested party to do something in fear of losing out before the draft. With the lack of reported team vistits & teams officials expressing interest Harrison could be headed for a post week 1 signing if a team doesn't lose a starter to injury.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. He is likely viewed as an injury risk by those who view this logically from a business sense and not emotionally as fan love.

Legend

User Info Menu

You have to think someone will offer him something after the draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    You have to think someone will offer him something after the draft.
    It is possible if someone misses and they feel who they got won't be ready year 1. After the draft, teams release more players to make salary room and the "fall out" of who they draft. The pool of FA for his postion may get bigger. I'm sure the goal all along was to get signed before the draft. The thing he will have working against him is his salary will be guranteed if he is on a roster for week 1. That week 2 period is where you see the vets still on the street start signing the vet min.