Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flippy Mock 1.0 - 2013 Championship Edition

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I am a big fan of Da'Rick..I like that pick. He brings nastiness on the table which Steelers WRs group lack. Brown and Sanders are too soft and afraid to get hit..

Not a fan of Mingo though. I am not sure he can play immediately. Also an OLB in Rd 1 would mean Jason Worilds is a bust..One just cannot draft backups in Rd 2. One would expect them to start in 2-3 years. Now is the time for Jason Worlids to take on James Harrison position. Draft an OLB in mid-round/late round as a backup.
    I like your draft. I almost went with Trufant in Round 1. But I really like Amerson's potential long term and can't believe I've heard people saying he's a 3rd rounder. 2 years ago, I think he had 12 INTs. He had a bad run at the beginning of this past season and everyone wrote him off. If we wrote off any CB after a bad game, there'd be no CBs left in the league.

I didn't really think of an OLB in round 1 as a dig at Worilds. I just think he and Woodley fit the same position and neither is a ROLB. You do need a pass rush on 3rd downs and being able to rotate in Mingo and even Gholston could help us on the most critical down in football. The Giants SuperBowl a few years back showed the value of rotating pass rushers. Guys just can't rush all the time without wearing down. But you can keep the pressure going if you rotate.

I see Mingo as a situational pass rusher for a couple years in a best case scenario. I'm not 100% sold on him either.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't see the Steelers taking ANY players with character issues whatsoever after the debacle of last years' draft class.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    I don't see the Steelers taking ANY players with character issues whatsoever after the debacle of last years' draft class.
    I considered that as well. But while that will be their public stance, I think Colbert/Tomlin might be under pressure to perform and may take some chances. A lot of these picks have big question marks. But I also think these are the boom or bust chances Colbert might be pressured into strongly considered. Just a hunch.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like the mock...but Mingo wants to be a Defensive End at the Pro level...so I can't see him being drafted by Pittsburgh.

Rogers I'm not too aware of...but I would prefer Steadman in the third.

Like the Wing, Gholston and Lattimore picks! Feel free to judge my mock draft, I am changing..yet again in a few days!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I like the mock...but Mingo wants to be a Defensive End at the Pro level...so I can't see him being drafted by Pittsburgh.

Like the Wing, Gholston and Lattimore picks! Feel free to judge my mock draft, I am changing..yet again in a few days!
    I'm not sure about the top safeties in the draft and like the guys projected to go in the middle rounds as much. So I'd be surprised if the Steelers went Vaccaro at 1 because of the depth of the position. I've seen quite a bit of Amerson and think he could be the best FS in the draft. He plays a ball in the air like a great WR. Plus he's huge and fast. Pittsburgh would be the perfect place for him to learn to play FS because he'd have to sit behind Troy and Clark any way. I do agree we need to do something about that position and if the Steelers feel Vaccaro is BPA, I'd be cool with that.

I like Brown as a player, but do we need him? I dunno. I like Spence even better, but who knows if he'll ever make it back or not? If the Steelers don't think he will, I'd be happy with this pick. But I'd probably wait a year, let Foote hold it down in the middle with Timmons and see where Spence is next year. In a normal year, I'd like this pick more because Brown's just a good looking player and I could buy into him being the best on the board even. But we're in a bit of a desparation and I have a feeling that may make us go more for need.

I wouldn't be too surprised if you nailed the Dobson pick. That's my second favorite in your draft.

Bell is my third favorite pick in your draft. I'm not a big fan of the RBs in this year's class for the most part. But I could see Bell having some value at this point in the draft. He's got a lot of potential. And I think the Steelers might like him here.

Dysert is an interesting project. He passed up Ben's records in college. Could he do the same in the NFL post Ben? Probably not, but maybe it would motivate Ben to put his NFL numbers out of reach.

I like Wolff. This is my favorite pick of yours. Have seen a lot of him and he's a good athlete. I'm surprised he's not projected to go much higher. Heck he might be one of the best safety athletes in the whole darn draft.

Ingram? Never heard of him. No idea what to even say about this pick. Why wouldn't a LS be a UDFA? He might be great but this is a head scratcher? I'd be interested to know your thinking here.

Wooten? Haven't seen him but it's tough to pick a 7th rounder. Any specific reasons we should be interested?

Overall good draft. I love the middle rounds in your draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Now I feel complete

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post

love your mock, only thing is Arthur Brown is being projected to go as high as #20 to the Bears or #25 to the Vikings. unfortunately, he'll never make it anywhere close to our 2nd round pick.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, done, Flippy... my take on a coupel of the guys
    Barkevious Mingo and Da'Rick Rodgers - I'd simply echo what has been said by a lot of other peeps... Talent and risk in both cases...

3. David Amerson - CB - NC State - 6'1 - 205lbs - LOVE LOVE LOVE this pick. Best steal of your mock (and yes, Lattimore is also a steal)

4. Shmarko Thomas - SS - Syracuse - 5'9 - 215lbs - Love this pick as well... is he really projected this low? If he's there, run that card up!!

5. Marcus Lattimore - RB - 5'11" - 221lbs - Dude, you're on a roll here. I see him and think "would you take McGahee here? dayum right!!"

6. William Gholston - DE - Mich St - 6'6" - 280lbs - fell off the big roll here... I think all those darned Gholston's are the same... at least you made him a 6th...

6. Brad Wing - P - LSU - eh... kicker... ok...

7. Jake Stoneburner - TE - Ohio St - 6'4" - 250lbs - eh... late round TE... by then, will any of us be checkign in on the draft anymore
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Well, done, Flippy... my take on a coupel of the guys
    Barkevious Mingo and Da'Rick Rodgers - I'd simply echo what has been said by a lot of other peeps... Talent and risk in both cases...

3. David Amerson - CB - NC State - 6'1 - 205lbs - LOVE LOVE LOVE this pick. Best steal of your mock (and yes, Lattimore is also a steal)

4. Shmarko Thomas - SS - Syracuse - 5'9 - 215lbs - Love this pick as well... is he really projected this low? If he's there, run that card up!!

5. Marcus Lattimore - RB - 5'11" - 221lbs - Dude, you're on a roll here. I see him and think "would you take McGahee here? dayum right!!"

6. William Gholston - DE - Mich St - 6'6" - 280lbs - fell off the big roll here... I think all those darned Gholston's are the same... at least you made him a 6th...

6. Brad Wing - P - LSU - eh... kicker... ok...

7. Jake Stoneburner - TE - Ohio St - 6'4" - 250lbs - eh... late round TE... by then, will any of us be checkign in on the draft anymore
    When I put this together, I was struggling with what the Steelers typically do vs Colbert/Tomlin feeling pressure to hit some home runs and take some risks. Given that we drafted guys like Adams and Rainey and already started bucking the trend last year, I though we might end up taking a couple more risks than normal.

I forced myself to throw in a punter in one of the late picks (aka not the 4th round) because our punter is my biggest pet peeve for some reason. Nearly nothing in life gets on my nerves besides Butler. It's quite odd.

7th rounds are hard picks for me. Seems like anyone I like is always projected to go higher. But I could see Jake being a pretty good player - not great. Another Beachum or Paulson type 7th round pick.

And I bet 90%+ of the draft nuts on here will be feverishly checking in like me until well after the 7th round ends. I find it hard to keep up with the 7th because I usually have little idea who many of the players are by then. Maybe 50% on a good year? So I try to read up on all the picks as they go by and by the time I'm done reading 2-3 picks have flown by and I'm behind on the round. I'd actually be for having 15 minute picks in the 7th round