Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CB Curtis Brown entering pivotal third year with 2013 Steelers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dream Scenario: Allen plays as advertised and then Demarcus Van Dyke turns into Ike Taylor and uses that 4.3 speed of his to be our "next Ike Taylor" and Brown turns into a rock solid nickel. I haven't slept well lately, perhaps I'm starting to hallucinate.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    Dream Scenario: Allen plays as advertised and then Demarcus Van Dyke turns into Ike Taylor and uses that 4.3 speed of his to be our "next Ike Taylor" and Brown turns into a rock solid nickel. I haven't slept well lately, perhaps I'm starting to hallucinate.
    If wishes were horses...

Legend

User Info Menu

If there is any coach that can get the most out of the player, I have to believe it is Carnell Lake. I wonder how much input Lake might have had in the no-offer to Lewis? Did he see things about Lewis he didn't like? Was there still some inconsistency in his game? Lewis did well last season, but was it the system or the player? These are the behind the scenes details few of us have insight into.

And I agree with comments that Gay is not as bad as people are saying. He is a sure tackler and a good nickel, which is what he is being paid for.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If there is any coach that can get the most out of the player, I have to believe it is Carnell Lake. I wonder how much input Lake might have had in the no-offer to Lewis? Did he see things about Lewis he didn't like? Was there still some inconsistency in his game? Lewis did well last season, but was it the system or the player? These are the behind the scenes details few of us have insight into.

And I agree with comments that Gay is not as bad as people are saying. He is a sure tackler and a good nickel, which is what he is being paid for.
    I agree that Gay is a decent nickel but I disagree with people saying that signing Gay made Lewis expendable. Gay in a #2 role is bad news and will get abused. I've seen enough of that already and I don't want to see him as a #2 ever again. Hopefully Ike and Allen will stay healthy.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cortez Allen made Lewis expendable, the Steelers feel he has more big play capabilities like creating turnovers. Gay is a good nickle back with experience and then we have the other players to compete for reps.
    I'm thinking we will be fine with our secondary, the D-line is another story.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    If wishes were horses...
    Chadman has a horse, does that mean Chadman has wishes?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Cortez Allen made Lewis expendable, the Steelers feel he has more big play capabilities like creating turnovers. Gay is a good nickle back with experience and then we have the other players to compete for reps.
    I'm thinking we will be fine with our secondary, the D-line is another story.
    Still don't agree with the decision. The person that was expendable was a guy that :

1) Doesn't create any big plays and has historically proven that over his entire career.
    2) Is 33.5 y/o (by the start of the season)
    3) Is getting payed an "elite playmaker" salary (9.5 million) this year and 10.5 million next year.

His name is Ike Taylor
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Chadman has a horse, does that mean Chadman has wishes?
    Well, if he does, then perhaps Chadman can wish for DVD to play like Ike Taylor for the next decade, except with more picks, and for Curtis Brown to become a legit #2 or #3 CB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree. I just hate we brought back Gay because "he knows the system" and that may let his inferior play get him on the field. Make the system one that all your players can thrive in so the best talent wins out and gets on the field.
    C'mon Ovi, we brought Gay back because he is a good DB for our system. Remember he was the starting corner in 2011 and we had the number 1 pass defense in the league. He had 2 interceptions and 14 passes defensed. Not bad numbers. When the nickle back, Lewis, came in Gay would cover the slot receiver.

Gay has gotten much better over the years and that he knows the system is a plus ... not the sole reason we signed him. You really make too big of a deal out of our supposed complicated system and don't give enough credit to the talent of our veteran players. That's the reason the young'ins don't get on the field. If they are good enough, see Cortez Allen, they get on the field.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Well, if he does, then perhaps Chadman can wish for DVD to play like Ike Taylor for the next decade, except with more picks, and for Curtis Brown to become a legit #2 or #3 CB.
    Ike and Cortez will be our starters and Willie Gay is going to be our #3 CB.

if either Curtis Brown or DVD can step up and have a good season we will actually be okay at the CB situation and if they don't we may very well regret not making a better effort to re-sign Keenan Lewis.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha