Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Dumervil a Raven

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,908
    If you think things are bad now with the suspect players the team is considering as our starters this season. When some of these guys get injured and they will, what the heck will it look like when we send in our backups that are already replacing backups.

    I've lost confidence in this teams ability to recognize talent, to bring in talent or to develope talennt. They just don't have it and they can't even get good number one picks.

  2. #22
    Asking out of ignorance ... did the Ravens have more to spend this FA season than we did? Is that why we are doing the retread thing but they are able to buy prime beef?


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Asking out of ignorance ... did the Ravens have more to spend this FA season than we did? Is that why we are doing the retread thing but they are able to buy prime beef?
    They did have more to spend this year, in large part because they traded Boldin for peanuts. The first year of Flacco's new deal is also very cap friendly, but really pounds them in year 3 (I think).

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Dumervil and Suggs will be licking their chops when they have to go against Adams and Gilbert...

    Ozzie has been a better GM last 2-3 years..
    Was thinking the same. We need to bolster the OT position.

    The Ravens signed Dumervil for cheaper than the Browns paid for Kruger...jeez.
    @_Hellgrammite

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Here is the thing that will piss me off when we play these clowns....they have Suggs, Dumervil, Canty, Ngata, etc....and lost Ed Reed and their CB Williams....so will have a really young secondary....and yet we will be sure to run it into the box and be sure to go 50/50 run-pass. I would really like it to have two coordinators that actually gameplan on a weekly basis to attack a teams weakness and can also adjust on the fly during the game. As soon as Ike goes down every other team would throw right at the backup we bring in for him and exploit the weakness. We dont' do crap like that. We would still run up the gut.
    @_Hellgrammite

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Here is the thing that will piss me off when we play these clowns....they have Suggs, Dumervil, Canty, Ngata, etc....and lost Ed Reed and their CB Williams....so will have a really young secondary....and yet we will be sure to run it into the box and be sure to go 50/50 run-pass. I would really like it to have two coordinators that actually gameplan on a weekly basis to attack a teams weakness and can also adjust on the fly during the game. As soon as Ike goes down every other team would throw right at the backup we bring in for him and exploit the weakness. We dont' do crap like that. We would still run up the gut.
    I was thinking that the Steelers simply chose a different path than the Ravens. They preferred to keep their secondary largely intact, which was a very strong unit last season, while the LBs were just OK. Vice versa for Ravens. I suspect the Steelers see some good opportunity for LB talent in this draft and may pick up a couple.

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I was thinking that the Steelers simply chose a different path than the Ravens. They preferred to keep their secondary largely intact, which was a very strong unit last season, while the LBs were just OK. Vice versa for Ravens. I suspect the Steelers see some good opportunity for LB talent in this draft and may pick up a couple.
    Which is more likely to play well in year one? First year members of the secondary for Baltimore, or first year LB's in Lebeau's 3-4? Even if we draft LB's, they won't touch the field besides special teams.
    @_Hellgrammite

  8. #28
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Now they just signed Huff, looks like they are replacing the players they lossed.

  9. #29
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Ravens sign Canty, Dumervil, Huff
    Steelers sign Johnson, Foster, Spaeth
    @_Hellgrammite

  10. #30
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Steelers sign Johnson, Foster, Spaeth

    Super Bowl!!!!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •