Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Dumervil a Raven

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    James is going to retire and drive a truck.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Wondering where this leaved James, and if he'll take a home town discount deal to return for another year. If they will have him. I'd like to see him back for one more year.
    The coaching staff wants him back too, otherwise they never would have tried to restructure. If Abraham and Freeney set a lower market, the perhaps there would still be a way for James to return to Pittsburgh.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The coaching staff wants him back too, otherwise they never would have tried to restructure. If Abraham and Freeney set a lower market, the perhaps there would still be a way for James to return to Pittsburgh.
    I hope you are right philly, but I fear james might just take his ball and go home.

    pride only hurts, it never helps.

    that was for ruthless.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I hope you are right philly, but I fear james might just take his ball and go home.

    pride only hurts, it never helps.

    that was for ruthless.
    I'm thinking you're probably right. It would be really awkward to be him going back into the locker room after taking short money. I'm also not sure about the message that sends to Jason.

  5. #15
    Once again, Ozzie Newsome running rings around Kevin Colbert... They sign Canty, Spears and Dumervil. Who do we sign, retreads - Spaeth, Gay and Ooo-Foo, from the dollar store sale rack. I know people will say "but this is how we do" and that's why the ravens have been kicking our asses the past couple of years. Yeah! I'm panicking! Ozzie has a plan and we don't.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Once again, Ozzie Newsome running rings around Kevin Colbert... They sign Canty, Spears and Dumervil. Who do we sign, retreads - Spaeth, Gay and Ooo-Foo, from the dollar store sale rack. I know people will say "but this is how we do" and that's why the ravens have been kicking our asses the past couple of years. Yeah! I'm panicking! Ozzie has a plan and we don't.
    Kinda looks that way so far. But we still have some time and opportunities. Hopefully, we hit about 7 home runs in the draft...

  7. #17
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,483
    Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Once again, Ozzie Newsome running rings around Kevin Colbert... They sign Canty, Spears and Dumervil. Who do we sign, retreads - Spaeth, Gay and Ooo-Foo, from the dollar store sale rack. I know people will say "but this is how we do" and that's why the ravens have been kicking our asses the past couple of years. Yeah! I'm panicking! Ozzie has a plan and we don't.
    They haven't been kicking our asses... it's a pretty even series and we are 3-0 vs them in the playoffs. The problem is Ben keeps missing games vs the Ravens...

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    They haven't been kicking our asses... it's a pretty even series and we are 3-0 vs them in the playoffs. The problem is Ben keeps missing games vs the Ravens...
    Well. We won with Charlie Batch in probably our best game of the season. The way our offense has underwhelmed with Ben, I'm not so sure he would be the difference maker. Just call a spade a spade. Ozzie Newsome has done a better job replacing talent, drafting talent, and signing quality (not breaking the bank) type of free agents. Say what you want, but we have been looking up at the ravens the past couple of years and I don't see that changing. They have a plan, we don't! Signing William Gay, David Johnson and Matt Spaeth is not progress.

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,779
    Dumervil and Suggs will be licking their chops when they have to go against Adams and Gilbert...

    Ozzie has been a better GM last 2-3 years..
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I hope you are right philly, but I fear james might just take his ball and go home.

    pride only hurts, it never helps.

    that was for ruthless.
    Yeah, the pride factor is tough to overcome. I don't think there is a strong chance that James returns - his agent's bluster will make that really difficult - but I will hold out a bit of hope until he signs elsewhere.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •