Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Any Surprise position you see us taking @ 17

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think it would shock most if we took Jonathan Hankins NT at 17. But, I think the pick makes sense.
    I would be both shocked and dismayed.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I would be shocked with a TE, 3-4 DE/DT, RB, O-LINE and of course, QB.

I think all other positions are ripe for the picking.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I would be shocked if they drafted Hankins at 1.17 but with Dick Lebeau present during tOSU pro-day it is a huge possibility. I would be disappointed though if Steelers spend 3 1st Rd draft picks on D-line where they have to engage two blockers and not rush the passer.
    IMO, D-line is what makes the defense go... Ray Lewis had a couple of down years when Siragusa retired, until the ravens invested in Haloti Ngata... Each d-lineman that's good enough to consume 2, means a LB is totally uncovered. If the team is stuck starting Larry Foote again, I would be OK with a d-lineman in the 1st...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Certainly not said by me. Overall, I think the FO and coaches have done a bang up job picking talent. The Steelers have 6 rings, 2 in the last 7 seasons to prove it.
    That's true but this team has not been able to develop talent particularly on the defense recently. CB may be the only exception and that didn't happen until Lake got here.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    That's true but this team has not been able to develop talent particularly on the defense recently. CB may be the only exception and that didn't happen until Lake got here.
    How do we know? And what is recent? Spence was hurt. Worilds has yet had an opportunity to prove himself as a starter...same for Heyward. Hood might be the only one we know isn't very good.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I know it is blasphemy, but perhaps it isn't the players. Just maybe it is what they are being asked to do doesn't work as well as five years ago. The league has and continues to change.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I know it is blasphemy, but perhaps it isn't the players. Just maybe it is what they are being asked to do doesn't work as well as five years ago. The league has and continues to change.
    Or maybe the Steelers front office and those throughout the NFL that hold Lebeau in the highest regard are more knowledgeable than a guy on a message board who has complained about the defensive system throughout a period in which the Steelers went to three SBs, winning two.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Or maybe the Steelers front office and those throughout the NFL that hold Lebeau in the highest regard are more knowledgeable than a guy on a message board who has complained about the defensive system throughout a period in which the Steelers went to three SBs, winning two.
    Ding Ding...and we have a winner.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I would be both shocked and dismayed.
    And would that be because of the player or the position?
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd be shocked if we picked Eifert but not dismayed, I think he and Heath in Haley scheme could do some serious damage over the course of the next 3-4 years....

I'd be shocked if they did a 1st round Defensive End or a first round running back.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.