Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Surprise position you see us taking @ 17

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    17 is to high for Lacey. I fully believe we can get him with the 49th pick.

Not a prayer of him getting past the top 25 picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    He would be a surprise as well. I would take him but he will be 23 before he plays a down in the NFL. Something to consider. Steelers love young first rounders. Also I think 17 is to high for him.
    if the Steelers want him then #17 is where they most likely need to take him at because Chicago at #20 and Minnesota at #25 are reportedly very interested in Arthur Bown.

Chicago Bears: [URL="http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013abrown.php"]Arthur Brown[/URL], LB, Kansas State

The Bears once had a strong group of linebackers, but Nick Roach just signed with the Raiders, while Brian Urlacher's 2013 status is unknown. As it stands now, Chicago is set to start J.T. Thomas and Blake Costanzo along with Lance Briggs at linebacker. That's not very promising.

Arthur Brown is getting a ton of buzz lately. There have even been some Ray Lewis comparisons. He's a stud, so he could easily carry on the Bears' linebacker tradition.

[URL]http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013_1.php[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i think id be surprised and happy with a stud TE at #17.
    with the uncertainty of heath's health, effective playing days left, cap number next year, loss of a wr weapon and how haley likes to TEs, i think this pick makes lots of sense
    SuperSteeler and I have also been thinking this way as well. There seem to be a lot of folks that would be really disappointed in a TE like Eifert at #17, but I also think it makes a lot of sense.

Of course, there is the point that this is the D's year to get the first round guy but you have to change some time, right?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hey guys, this would be a nice sight to see in our red zone....[url]http://beyondthecombine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Tyler-Eifert-TE-Notre-Dame-Pic1.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I will be shocked. Yes sir Richardson went high but that was the Browns.But Ingram went 28th and is not all that in the NFL. Is Lacy better then Ingram but not as good as Richardson? What pick and team do you see him going?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    there's not a RB in this draft I would take in Round 1, but if i had to choose one it definitely would be Lacy.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i think id be surprised and happy with a stud TE at #17.
    with the uncertainty of heath's health, effective playing days left, cap number next year, loss of a wr weapon and how haley likes to TEs, i think this pick makes lots of sense
    I like yer thinkin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

TE would be surprising yet welcome.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Personally, I would like the TE Eifert as well. But I have CB Desmond Trufant in my mock so I'll have to go with the corner from Washington.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tavon Austin. Unless St. Louis gets him 1st.. I'd be pleasantly surprised with a TE at 17. One that can catch the ball...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion